Author Topic: recording  (Read 776 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
recording
« on: June 24, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
Guess I could have asked in a previous post, but I want to be sure you would see this (Kanth), or other knowledgeable persons. I found the Oculus Mirror.exe and I can get it to record, problem I have now is...How does one get the occulus mirror to be recorded on top of AH's display window? What I have is the Mirror running in a window behind the AH window. I couldnt find a "VRwindow config file" either. I was able to figure out the drag to fit in the mirror, just cant see it for the AH window in front. I remember a response on previous post where someone didnt have the config file and had to create it. HUH! That sounds bad for me. I do good to answer email :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: recording
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 12:50:05 AM »
I'm not sure what you are using to record, but I use OBS, it's free and you can tell it which window to record. I told it to record the oculus mirror window.   It will record it, even if it's behind other windows.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »
Sorry, forgot that little detail. Nvidia shadow play. I can get it to record,just that AH window is in foreground
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:23:09 PM »
Yep I used to use shadowplay and if I recall correctly, the only time I could actually record vr that way was to record the desktop entirely.

The quality of the video was lower with shadow play and recording the desktop leaves you with very few options.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 03:43:59 AM »
Well! Guess i will have to learn a new trick. Who knows? Might just prove that old dogs arent as slow a some believe :old: Oh, thanks for the tip about OBS

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 07:47:15 AM »

Well! Guess i will have to learn a new trick. Who knows?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 12:28:32 PM »
Strange, I cannot for the life of me get nVidia to record - they got rid of shadowplay and now it's natively integrated into the driver. No matter what, it just won't record anything from Oculus - blank every time.

And I haven't tried the Oculus Mirror yet - my window for the desktop I have viewable is strangely narrow and small - not something I want to record. Any tips?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 01:02:08 PM »
Strange, I cannot for the life of me get nVidia to record ...

Do you have Gforce Experience installed?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 04:42:36 PM »

Do you have Gforce Experience installed?
Yep. Latest version of both.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
My Shadow Play records fine....except that the AH window it records is narrow and smushed, weird pixel ratio :mad: I got the Oculus Mirror to work, except that the AH window stays up front :mad: Like Kanth told me, "Use OBS"  :O She said"I can do it" :confused: I shall endeavor to persevere! :uhoh  I will miss the Shadow play's "Record last 20 min" option(replay). I dont get too many great fights...But when I do, I liked that option. That way I dont have to record everything. I will more than likely end up going with AH's film for the most part,unless OBS works out at all. :pray

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 02:52:08 PM »
if you have trouble setting up OBS to record your Oculus mirror let me know and I'll put together some instructions for you.