Author Topic: collision model  (Read 22085 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: collision model
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2017, 09:09:48 AM »
You and I collided yesterday.  I was using VR which gives me a very large view.  By my view, we missed each other.  I was going straight in a dive and you turning away to avoid my shot and a collision.  I got the collision notice and you got the kill.

Do you remember what you saw on your screen.  I was in a 38 and you were in a yak.

You thought you missed him, your computer that tracks everything's location says you hit him. Who should we believe? Without film showing a miss and collision message this is pointless.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2017, 09:47:42 AM »
I just can't believe there are people still out there these days that somehow think the internet is a finite and absolute place where only black or white exists. It's not now or has it ever been. The flow of info is in a constantly fluid state. My connection is different from your connection is different from some guy in Europe or from a guy in Asia or from HTC's. That's the way it's been since day one. The amount of variables produced by the gazillion different nodes that info passes on its way back and forth around the world makes this a no-brainer. Are things getting better as times goes by? Sort of! Better equipment and higher speeds are happening but as more and more..... And more people around the world use the system the load to it increases also. Constant battle between those two forces alone!

Eventually, probably towards the end of our lifetimes anyway, there may be some breakthrough technology that supplies an instant real time internet to everyone everywhere but that ain't happening in today's world. Once that technology exists a collision will exist in all places simultaneously which is what has to happen in order for everyone to see the same thing. Only then will both planes disintegrate when they hit.

I collide with planes. It happens. I chalk it up to the internet, which I have like no control over. I just pick up the shattered pieces of my life and grab another plane. It's not some conspiracy or code problem. It's just the nature of the internet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »
Well lets do the arithmetic:

AH3 with the Boo Hoo! collision phenomena for $15 a month VS Real Life Authentic Collision Model where your share of the cost will run at least $1000 an hour of game play plus a hefty initial capital outlay of as much as 2 million dollars. Of course you really can't put a price on the sublime feeling of vindication you will experience when with the few nanoseconds of consciousness you have left you get to watch not only your limbs separately spiraling down out of the sky but also that other guy, the stupid Cessna pilot who wouldn't get out of your way.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
Collision model sucks but it'd suck more avoiding the HO and colliding so probably best until they develop modems based on quantum entanglement :)

I'm from Australia but now I've been playing for a bit I notice my collisions have dropped off a lot though I still take the collision damage about 99% of the time.

One main thing I did to reduce catastrophic collisions was stop flying into the ground, for air to air collisions I found avoiding HO attacks the most helpful :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:17:02 PM by Zygote404 »

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2017, 01:19:06 AM »
Okay... horse is dead and beaten :ahand.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2017, 09:35:13 AM »
What horse?  All I see is a pile of dust where there used to be a horse and some maniac continuing to beat it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
Don't collide..... problem solved  :D

shut up
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2017, 05:30:33 AM »
You thought you missed him, your computer that tracks everything's location says you hit him. Who should we believe? Without film showing a miss and collision message this is pointless.

FLS come down off your soap box.  I just ask what Flip saw, not starting an inquisition. A skuzzy said you are beating a dead horse.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2017, 06:30:19 AM »
FLS come down off your soap box.  I just ask what Flip saw, not starting an inquisition. A skuzzy said you are beating a dead horse.

Then don't ask questions like "what did you see" regarding collisions. If you understood how it works you'd know it matters not what either of you see. All that matters is what the computers (notice plural) see. Clearly you don't understand how it works and refuse to accept the reality of the situation. You've had this issue before.

Read my post above. Then read it again. That's how it works bud. That is until you invent us all a new internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2017, 07:37:46 AM »

Skuzzy wasn't referring to me.  I believe he thinks I'm helping.  :D   

I responded to your implication that there is a problem with the collision model. I don't think it's a good idea to post imaginary problems on the BB where they may discourage new players. When you believe you missed and your computer reports a hit then film is useful to validate your claims. 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2017, 08:57:26 AM »

I was not referring to FLS.  I was referring to the general topic, which has been explained/discussed ad nauseum.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »
Skuzzy wasn't referring to me.  I believe he thinks I'm helping.  :D   

I responded to your implication that there is a problem with the collision model. I don't think it's a good idea to post imaginary problems on the BB where they may discourage new players. When you believe you missed and your computer reports a hit then film is useful to validate your claims.

I have no complaint nor did I imply a complaint.   The collision model is probably as good as HTC can make it for internet play.  Again, I only asked what flip saw.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2017, 09:46:45 AM »
I have no complaint nor did I imply a complaint.   The collision model is probably as good as HTC can make it for internet play.  Again, I only asked what flip saw.

You said you got a collision message when you appeared not to collide.  What is the implication?

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »
how bout this?

you collide both die!  no kill no points and they can only fly early WWI stuff in the MA for the next 24 hours....... and no fruit cup!
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »
how bout this?

you collide both die!  no kill no points and they can only fly early WWI stuff in the MA for the next 24 hours....... and no fruit cup!

Wish granted!

That's the way it works now. 
If you collide you take damage. 
If the other guy collides he takes damage.
Wag more, bark less.