Author Topic: Need He-111 bomber pilots for "Hardest Day" Event  (Read 682 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Need He-111 bomber pilots for "Hardest Day" Event
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »
"The Hardest Day" of the Battle of Britain is set for Saturday August 19th, 2017

My handle is ShtGn and I will be leading Kampfgeschwader 76 across the Channel. The Hardest Day event will live up to its namesake as a 12 hour special AH scenario - I am planning to fly the entire time, but I do not expect other members of the group to participate the full time. I'm looking for eleven more capable pilots interested in flying the Heinkel He-111 bomber to hit targets as directed (field hangars and city strats). I don't mind having beginner bomber pilots wishing to join up - on the contrary, I relish the opportunity to introduce others to a session of living history. If you are a novice, you have roughly two months to practice and train before the critical moment of Operation Adlerangriff arrives. I hope to see you there and at the controls taking an He-111 into battle under the colors of KG 76. Just shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Join the Axis - Join KG 76!

Check out the rules and regs to find your calling
http://www.ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/setups/49-european-theatre/1216-the-hardest-day-august-18th-1940

<S> ShtGn
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Re: Need He-111 bomber pilots for "Hardest Day" Event
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:53:47 PM »
We're upon that 2-week crunch time before the scenario, folks. If you think you are going to participate, even if just for one launch window, I need you to register or at least notify me so I can get some head counts planned.

Recruit on! We need some more Heinkel pilots to take part in an amazing air battle over England. The date is Saturday, August 19th - and it will be the HARDEST DAY!
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 02:01:41 PM »
I'm set to fly stuka... will change to 111 if u like
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »

that would be a smart move!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »

I appreciate the offer, I'm not looking to cannibalize from other groups - they need players all the same. I intended for this to be a general advertisement to anyone not already plugged into the event to get involved by flying He-111s.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:12:12 PM by shotgunneeley »

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »
Just as well...since they are easy prey, in my opinion (for what its worth)
the Stukas should be used as decoys and try to draw their fighters away
from 111s... just my opinion  :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll