Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52799 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #660 on: July 06, 2017, 10:29:23 AM »
No problem man, I like the game also, but I also believe it can play even better, wouldn't you want to play a even better version of current game ?

That's a loaded question nuggy.  Of course we all want to play a better version of the game, that version is not necessarily what you suggest sir.  I do thank you for your suggestions, but your assumptions do not fit in with how I want to play the game at all.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #661 on: July 06, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »
This has been a truly interesting and eye opening discussion and I am grateful to Hi Tech for soliciting our opinion and here is mine. I have been with AH about 13 years or so when we as a squad, The Avengers, left War Birds. In that time I have seen many come and go, such is the nature of our game. Aside from AH & War Birds I have no knowledge of on line gaming, steam or anything else going on out there but I have enjoyed and hope to continue to enjoy AH and the many friends I have made here, both past and present. I am thrilled with AH III and it is my greatest hope that it be successful, but the truth is with the shrinking base that we all know we have, frankly it is not encouraging so it is with a cautious optimism that I think I would like to see what Steam can do for our game. I have no doubt that an increase in the player base that some predict will not be an easy adjustment for many of us but it may be time to pick your poison, accept some new attitudes and some change or die on the vine. IMHO it is up to us to do our part to reach out to the new faces that pass thur AH as much as is possible if you want to see your game survive and prosper.
My 2 cents worth
OldBull[
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #662 on: July 07, 2017, 01:32:49 AM »
That's a loaded question nuggy.  Of course we all want to play a better version of the game, that version is not necessarily what you suggest sir.  I do thank you for your suggestions, but your assumptions do not fit in with how I want to play the game at all.

I'm not pushing for the version which was suggested...... it was only a suggestion,  the thread title starts with  'WHAT IF'...... but in general AH gameplay should be evolving under HTC supervision, because like the wise person said 16 years ago in this forum in a post about air warrior.

'maintenance mode' =  game death.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:34:51 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2017, 03:42:22 AM »
It's always been progressing...slowley and with pupose..
Every upgrade adds loads
.i have been playing for 10 Years or so..
The game I started playing is the same but so so different..
Every upgrade ups the game.. often at times you realise the depth of upgrade a way down the road..
Every added item is thought through  way beyond our understanding of the game..you get it...but depth and vitality shine through in time
I respect the devs for seeing more than I can see in the game and giving me more than my expectations..
It's like a fine wine..plenty of depth and body to appreciate
<<S>> hitech  and crew
Cheers.
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »
I'm not pushing for the version which was suggested...... it was only a suggestion,  the thread title starts with  'WHAT IF'...... but in general AH gameplay should be evolving under HTC supervision, because like the wise person said 16 years ago in this forum in a post about air warrior.

'maintenance mode' =  game death.
I disagree with your statement (I'm not pushing for the version which was suggested) you have made a couple of threads and a ton of posts trying to suggest and /or wishing for this game to change to your liking. you keep bring up what happened to air warrior and warbirds, and what I understand and can tell those 2 games didn't fail because of lack of players they failed because of ownership/management issues. I never owned a computer until 2006, never knew there was so many online games, I was watching tv and saw the commercial for Aces High, and got hooked right then and there, busted my butt to get a computer as fast as I could, a friend gave me a bunch of Jane's games, but they wouldn't play because Jane's was shut down. so here I am with only the 2nd computer I have ever owned.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #665 on: July 08, 2017, 02:48:45 AM »
you have made a couple of threads and a ton of posts trying to suggest and /or wishing for this game
Sure, because I was explaining the reasoning behind everything.

Anyway, are we there yet.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #666 on: July 08, 2017, 08:11:05 AM »
I'm afeared you won't know anything until after it's been done or not done,
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #668 on: July 11, 2017, 06:49:36 AM »
This was in the news about Steam

http://www.pcgamer.com/more-than-40000-steam-users-were-banned-the-day-after-the-summer-sale/

wow they must have a great security system to catch and identify cheaters 40,000 wow, well we don't want them in here that's for sure.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #669 on: July 11, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »
wow they must have a great security system to catch and identify cheaters 40,000 wow, well we don't want them in here that's for sure.

:devil If those 40k subscribe for month and pay for development of trains, convoys, and/or clouds, i don't mind.  :D  :bolt:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #670 on: July 11, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
To be fair, I could be wrong but I think that "vac wave" was mainly targeted at CSGO.  But yes if AH gets on steam I'll bet your bottom dollar someone will start hacking. It's just part of it. You can say it won't or can't happen but it will. Still I'm all for steam! :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #671 on: July 11, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »
HA!! They have a system for catching the cheaters. Read the article. It is not new cheaters, it is the returning cheaters that are being burned at the stake again. The trick is the big summer sale they have.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #672 on: July 12, 2017, 11:01:14 AM »
Yeah, someone will probably try, and someone might succeed. But with film and HTC, they likely will never be able to connect online again.

That's really part of the growing pains of any videogame. The more popular a game becomes, the more attention  (both good and bad) it receives. It's nothing new.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:04:17 AM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #673 on: July 12, 2017, 12:44:49 PM »
Yeah, someone will probably try, and someone might succeed. But with film and HTC, they likely will never be able to connect online again.

That's really part of the growing pains of any videogame. The more popular a game becomes, the more attention  (both good and bad) it receives. It's nothing new.

So very true.

We have a really good tool to help combat that issue. Film anything questionable. HiTech and crew can get a lot of background info from an AH film than what we see.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #674 on: July 13, 2017, 01:11:24 AM »
2 weeks ?