Author Topic: Before we goto steam...  (Read 5087 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Before we goto steam...
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »
Dmonslayer has made the best post that probably has been ever made on this

No, YOU only think that because he seems to be agreeing with you. The problem is, HE doesn't know what he is talking about either.  :P

MOST of the guys who fly the fast planes and do nothing but pick are some of the biggest/well known names in the game. Rocky, Rudboi3, Dobs and his crew, and so on. That is the type/style of play they like. As for new guys, sure you see them in ponies and yaks, but you see them down on the deck trying to turn and burn in a furball.... mostly because they want to shoot planes. They dont last long, nor do they get many kills because they haven't learned how to handle those planes on the deck.

I know I cant remember the last time a "new guy" picked me. It is always some "known" player. Newbies dive in head first and die a lot. It is the nature of the game. ENY isn't going to change that. Like Skuzzy said, they will just move the the next top ten planes that are not perked and die in those. What is needed is a guiding hand to help curb the frustration that dieing so often brings in. I know when we have a new guy flying with our squad we try a bit harder to cover him/her. Try to help set up the cons so they have a shot at them. Give them tips/suggestions on what they may have done wrong/right on their last flight as we are flying out on the next one.

There is nothing wrong with the game, its the community that has to step up. Once the numbers go back up most of the petty issue people complain about will disappear. Learning to fight in the Melee arena is pretty tough. We have players in a furball sometimes than those other games have in their arenas. Teach them, ease their frustration, make it fun.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2017, 08:30:38 AM »
No, YOU only think that because he seems to be agreeing with you. The problem is, HE doesn't know what he is talking about either.  :P

He is here since 2007 and suddenly he doesn't know what he is talking about either?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »
He is here since 2007 and suddenly he doesn't know what he is talking about either?

So many people want to change the game to better suit their play style. Play the game the way you want to play it. But one thing you must accept, is that others are going to play the way they want too.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:52 AM »
I like to be removed from that list as well. I said that 1 or 2 perkies on maybe 5 planes or new gun sets might be fun. Never have i said that this would bring in new players or change imbalances in the game...

Besides that i invited nugget to FSO to show him a different side of Aces High.. He totally ignored my invite i probably would have paid for him to show  him how things truly are...

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2017, 08:41:01 AM »
I said that 1 or 2 perkies on maybe 5 planes or new gun sets might be fun.

And this list is what this is all about lol

the same said Chris and Spikes on previous page

I merely stated that 51s and jugs are not the best ride for a noob. La7s Spit16 are a entirely different story.

Putting a perk of 1 or 2 on a total of 4 planes does not force players into early war rides.

:aok
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:43:24 AM by nugetx »

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2017, 08:46:23 AM »
But why would you ignore my invite to FSO nugget? i do not understand :bhead
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2017, 08:47:21 AM »
But why would you ignore my invite to FSO nugget? i do not understand :bhead

What? I haven't ignored anything, I don't even know what FSO stands for.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2017, 08:57:33 AM »
Never mind you replied later. i missed that. i appolegise for that.

However if you dont know what FSO stands for you are missing out to a huge part of the game.
It stands for Friday Squad Operations. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,60.0.html

It is where most squads spend there time on Friday nights. It is an historical setting that will be run for 3 weeks in succession each month. Many players will fly there rides in the MA to get the feeling for the planes they are assigned with for that given week.

Stat page:
http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

FSO recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_yLdgivT7Q

This is only a small part of all the events run on AH of what i wanted to show you last Friday.

Edit: added the youtube film
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:59:31 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2017, 09:12:01 AM »

Time here doesn't necessarily mean he knows what he is talking about. He ALWAYS talks about what HE likes in this game. He likes to get down and dirty fighting. That is why he hates pickers. He thinks EVERYONE wants to turn fight between the trees and nobody should ever fly above 2K. That is NOT what this game is about. The DA, or custom arenas is what he would like to tuen the melee arena into, and it just isnt going to happen.

And if that line is all you got out of my post you too have a lot to learn about what happens in the melee arena. There are a lot of options in both equipment, and style of play and you CAN NOT remove them or you are cutting players out of the game.

Offline Wyatt134

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »
*bee looks apon his thred that he has created* What have i done...  :eek:
Very Honorabu, Wings sharp like Katana
For I am the Le Sp00k m80s

Superbee3834 ~Air Raiders~

Offline Wyatt134

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2017, 10:02:56 AM »
Not going to happen.

Besides we already have the final word, there should no reason to argue anymore, i'm going to think of another topic to post.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2017, 10:30:49 AM »
*bee looks apon his thred that he has created* What have i done...  :eek:

:D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
 :aok
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »
Wyatt134
Chris79
Oboe
Spikes
Zygote404
hqtonyvi
bozon
Atlau
Save
Dmonslyr
Lazerr
Butcherbird702
BowHTR
Zoney
JimmyD3
Ack-Ack (universal perks and perked ordnance should go hand in hand with this)
Oldman731
Slipknt
Becinhu
Volron
Tilt
Vraciu
Schwalbee
TWCAxew
me

If I forgot anyone, sorry and make yourself heard !

These are the players who said definite 'yes' to perks in various threads

You may not have forgotten anyone but you certainly have added one that does not agree with you.  Me.  I do not support this idea even a little bit.  It's a horrible idea.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wyatt134

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2017, 11:49:28 AM »

My personal opinion, is stop putting words in other peoples mouths.