Author Topic: Voice Communication with VR  (Read 714 times)

Offline Tracer50

• Zinc Member
Voice Communication with VR
« on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:41 AM »
Hey Guys, quick question.

I have my VR setup running great with the addition of VoiceAttack.  The one thing I can't seem to get working is the voice chat keys.  Specifically I want to map the F12 and T keys to the view hat on my joystick but when I activate it the voice doesn't activate, only the radio window opens.

Has anyone been able to get voice working by activating through their joystick?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Voice Communication with VR
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »
Check your assignments in VR. VR saves a different control scheme. Make sure Global Voice Transmit Channel and Global Voice Transmit Range are mapped to the hat in VR.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 03:43:54 PM »
Hey Guys, quick question.

I have my VR setup running great with the addition of VoiceAttack.  The one thing I can't seem to get working is the voice chat keys.  Specifically I want to map the F12 and T keys to the view hat on my joystick but when I activate it the voice doesn't activate, only the radio window opens.

Has anyone been able to get voice working by activating through their joystick?
Yes, I used it some. Think it must be a "wrong" mapped button. Mine is hat switch down for"Global Voice Transmit Channel" and button 5 "Global transmit range" works just fine. As far as voice attack goes ,its in THEIR program that you map a button to MACRO the "/." command. I will have to get it up and running again to check,sorry. Only problem I had with voice attack was getting it to recognize my accent :uhoh Thought I was speaking English but it heard me in a Redneck Farsi dialect :headscratch: "Salvo 6"  : it heard "Solve Sex" :x AFTER I clarified it on several attempts :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »
Also make sure that RIFT AUDIO is windows default for playback devises. Also in game , rift audio as default in game sounds.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 06:21:03 PM »
Some games may require the Rift to be selected in Windows but not Aces High. You only need to select Rift in the AH Sound setup.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 03:55:14 AM »
Some games may require the Rift to be selected in Windows but not Aces High. You only need to select Rift in the AH Sound setup.
Really? Did not know that :O I was having some problems early on, in Ah. when I set the rift as default in windows I didnt have any problems(like the volume settings changing). Of coarse at the time I was going back and forth between oculus and TIR. I thought that was the fix. OOPS! What i get for thinking

Offline Tracer50

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 09:12:15 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys.  I'll try this tonight.

Offline Tracer50

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 10:27:14 AM »
Just an update.  I made the changes while in VR and voice is finally working correctly now.

Thanks everyone for helping.

Now I just need to learn how to shoot straight....

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 02:49:58 PM »
That sir, will cost you! :devil

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 03:06:07 PM »
 :furious Sorry about that! I try to keep that personality for IN GAME :uhoh Not sure how he got out.  The art of straight shooting is practice.Practice and MORE practice. Its like learning to fly in AH. Learn with "Stall Limiter" off, like driving man. transmission, learn how and you can fly anything. With that in mind, start close, convergences. You will hear all sorts of ranges but no need to get complicated. Believe that consensus for MG's(.303, 8mm,12mm .50) around 350, whether at a point or a zone-personal preference, based on how your flying and getting to a low G shot solution. Even with most cannon planes(wing mounted primarily) around 350 as well. When talking cowl and real close/inside propeller arg and spinner cannons, you can stretch the convergence more. BUT remember they are more effective up close anyway, so why not set these like wing distance. Helped me because I swap planes a lot. All are different in placement of guns and ballistics of cannons,so 1Sight for all and keeping conv. the same helps with shooting.