Author Topic: Melee Missions & Time Clock  (Read 2247 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Melee Missions & Time Clock
« on: July 18, 2017, 08:11:36 AM »
I really don't know what category to put this under but I need to ask.

It appears that in Melee the game clock is running at a higher rate than actual time.  I posted a mission, looked at the game clock and put a 15 minute time to launch.  It seemed to launch in about 3 to 5 minutes because of the game clock rate.

Is this intended or an unintended consequence to the clock settings to have daylight/dusk/dawn operations? 

Is there a different way to set it so the game clock ticks away in real speed but still get the effects intended, or as a mission poster in melee, I simply need to account for that and keep pushing the clock back until ready to launch?

I hope my question makes sense. 

Thanks all!

:cheers:
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Melee Missions & Time Clock
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
I think it would be helpful if the time multiplier setting is visible somewhere near the clocks (tower and cockpit), so people are more aware when the game clock is set differently from real-time.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »
I'm at the Doc waiting to be seen for regular appointment

But if memory serves me right, the time is set to be something like twice as fast similar or in relation to the MA's fuel burn being set at 2.0 (twice as fast)

Not at my computer to confirm this to be accurate, going off of my deteriorating memory....

Except for the dusk to dawn time seems to be alot faster...

TC
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:36:27 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 10:10:28 AM »
2:1 ratio as I understand it. 

Game time is twice that of normal time when working with pickup missions. Put a mission for 20 minutes away from current game time, it will launch in 10 minutes real time.

15minutes game time = 7.5 minutes real time
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 10:12:30 AM »
That makes sense.  Thank you for the clarification.  Easy adjustment on my part.  Imagine my surprise when I am calling out times in 5 minute intervals only to be on the runway WAY early.  LOL

I get it now. 

:rock
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
No worries, took me a few times playing with it to figure out the same issue you were having.  :aok  :cheers:

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 10:55:23 AM »
KB, Thanks for the verification, guess I do remember at least a few things, heh...

<$>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 12:29:33 PM »
Ya done good TC!   :cheers:
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 03:34:11 PM »
 :x With the "GUYS NEEDING TRAINING" Group :uhoh  :salute Just messing with you Slipknot :devil How many showed up? Bfoot1 said 4 or 5 when I asked around 9:00 eastern :cheers: Hope more will take advantage of this, its steep enough learning curve as it is  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 10:32:17 AM »
Thanks!  Yeah, I had 5 to start with.  I have a squad of 7 now.  3 experienced and 4 new.  We're very slowly picking up steam.  I am going to wait for a different map for longer bomb runs.

I think I am on to something though.  Two of them are returning players from 5 to 8 years back I think they said. 

So far so good!

DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 11:07:42 PM »
Nice! I have no problem swapping countries if you need some help! That is some good news! Hope word gets out about what you have going, Sir :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 06:32:33 AM »
The clock ratio in the arenas is 3:1.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »

Thank you for the correct answer, Skuzzy!

I should have followed up on my original post to made sure if I had remembered right or not, but after seeing 2 different threads and long time players saying/posting the same 2:1 answer as I, I let that "assuming trickster" thinking bite me in the rear, again  :bhead

I am surprised that it took this question this long to be corrected and validated....

Have a Good Day! Cheers

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 08:05:43 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!   All that extra math in planning now!  (kidding)  Set 30 minutes out and in 10 real minutes ya launch.   :airplane:
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 10:24:26 AM »
Thank you for the correct answer, Skuzzy!

I should have followed up on my original post to made sure if I had remembered right or not, but after seeing 2 different threads and long time players saying/posting the same 2:1 answer as I, I let that "assuming trickster" thinking bite me in the rear, again  :bhead

I am surprised that it took this question this long to be corrected and validated....

Have a Good Day! Cheers

I assumed that it was the same. My bad for not breaking out the old Timex stop watch to figure it out.  :bhead Like i said, needed to feed the dragon to cross the moat to find the answer. :)  Seems like everything in the game is a discovery type learning situation. . .  :headscratch: