Author Topic: Vr films of game play  (Read 1193 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Vr films of game play
« on: July 19, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
Hey
I am interested in getting a rift..down the road
But have a Samsung gear headset so can watch 'vr stuff
Was wondering if any films out there I could see what it's like to fly in game..combat etc to see if it's something I would like.
Any one done any films?
Cheers jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Vr films of game play
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:56:41 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159654670

Just ignore my potty mouth.  But that's basically what it looks like.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:26:13 PM »
 :uhoh Such language! :police: Glad no one watches my stuff! So TWITCH, or the OBS and just a recording posted to twitch? Im a noob when talking about that stuff, sorry! HEY dont talk to me like that LOL :aok :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:30:14 PM »
Hey
I am interested in getting a rift..down the road
But have a Samsung gear headset so can watch 'vr stuff
Was wondering if any films out there I could see what it's like to fly in game..combat etc to see if it's something I would like.
Any one done any films?
Cheers jimmy
Jimmyc, NO! BAD DOG :evil: If you had VR, any edge I may believe I have will be useless :uhoh Pretty sure you still own my arse, so please dont get it :x Nah, just kidding. Its got some things you would need to settle for, but the feeling of being in the cockpit is worth it, at least for me! OOPS Kanth is wearing off on me, I said cock pit :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 11:43:38 PM »
But to answer your question Jimmyc, dont know of a way to record in the 3D. Well so that you could watch it as it is for us? If anyone would know it is Kanth, potty mouth and all! :eek: Cleanest potty I have ever heard! lol Funny thing is, I watched almost the whole video waiting for it!  :x Pure CLASSY Lady that one is. UNLESS she shoots me down in event coming up! Sorry Kanth HON, you are a Hun! My spitfire of Death, and all 800 303's will be looking for YA! :x  :confused: Sorry, that was the Wild Turkey talking :bolt:  :cheers:

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 02:09:55 AM »
Yeah..i want to see it in 3d
I want to play it on my Samsung phone gear vr and get a real feeling of what you all see.
Is that possible?
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 03:12:06 AM »
I really dont know? I am still trying to figure out the OBS recording program, just to record the Oculus Window. I can do it(record) with Nvidia's Shadow Play, just cant find how to resize the window/splash screen AH has. It basically records the film from 1 eye view and everything looks fat and squished :uhoh VR in AH3 is pretty sweet, and they have been Johny on the spot in fixing issues related to VR. The "hat switch" compatibility is par none! Havent seen a flight sim yet that has it like we do. Helps to check your six without needing an on call chiropractor :rock The resolution to date, IS a bit off. Some call it "The Screen Door Effect", but I have become use to it and have to strain to see it. The immersion made up for that though. Some like it and some love it,others think it is crap. Just depends on what you are willing to deal with. Its not an AH issue alone, as most other VR games have same problem with res. Of coarse most games arent trying to pick out a dot in the distance before he swoops in with his SPIXTEEN and waxes your butt! :furious AH has fixed a whole lot of game play issues for VR. Its the best I have found/played yet. DCS is ok in VR BUT hat switch views are not accepted and frame rates really take a hit, even on low demand settings. I will say this though, if you are able, go for it! The summer sale on rift + touch is a great deal! Touch isnt really conducive to AH, but there are great games that use it! Even the tutorial for touch was worth the price for me, at full value. If you dont have the cash now though, as fast as they are improving the Oculus it may behoove you to wait a bit. Heck for that matter, If you get it and dont like it...I will buy it from you! Seriously! My glasses caused some issues due to playing with Oculus, some how. Some fairly bad scratches to the lenses, so could use a replacement! Would rather help out a Brother than get it from Best Buy :rock

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 06:16:33 AM »
So OBS = recording\streaming tool
Twitch = Hosting site
Youtube = Hosting site

I can't stream cause I live in the sticks, my upload speed is about .5 and they recommend 3Mbps or higher I think.
So I HAVE to record and upload but if you live in a highspeed blessed area you can probably just configure live stream to the host of your choice.

:uhoh Such language! :police: Glad no one watches my stuff! So TWITCH, or the OBS and just a recording posted to twitch? Im a noob when talking about that stuff, sorry! HEY dont talk to me like that LOL :aok :rofl
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »
JimmyC,

I don't believe they build a Mobile platform (phone) that will meet the specs (esp the video card) of this game in order to play it in any usable manner IF it was even ported to support Mobile VR, like your Samsung phone gear vr.

Yeah..i want to see it in 3d
I want to play it on my Samsung phone gear vr and get a real feeling of what you all see.
Is that possible?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »
After listening to Kanth, I got 5 bucks that says she's a total hottie.

Pictures?

:devil

Yes, I know, totally inappropriate.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »

Offline Phast12

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »
Nice Pic!!!!
Phast
JG4
WW1 - Jasta 11

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »
LMAO!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »
Fellers...That IS NOT a cat painted to look like a skunk! That , There looks to be the real deal :uhoh Now I get why this "HON" is flying HUN in event :x Back side is dangerous too but survivable Looks like its a DATE eh HUN? 110 vr Spit 1, My BB's vrs yourns BB"S I in sticks too. We know how to handle a Skunk  :devil   The picture looks like you may be a NUMBER 3 grade pelt? maybe a 4.  I know catching is the hardest part, if you can handle that the skinnin and strechin is easy ;)