Author Topic: More eye candy inbound for VR users?  (Read 652 times)

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
More eye candy inbound for VR users?
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
Sounds like it.  So, just a heads up regarding some incoming Nvidia driver tech.  Most of this is apparently aimed at VR hmds... Rift and Vive.  It sounds like they trialed it with Eve Valkyrie. Devs may need to code for some of this stuff to make it work.

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
Re: More eye candy inbound for VR users?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:44:47 AM »
Will some or all of these features be included in AH3?

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:55:29 PM »
Will some or all of these features be included in AH3?

Terry, I assume you're asking HiTech, as I certainly can't say if he needs or plans to work this in.  Some of it seems to be built in to the driver tech that's in the works, but some might require developer adoption into their code.  I admit though, it would be fantastic to see these in AH one day--I might never shoot at anyone... just stooge around at low alt, gawking:

(Image: godrays through clouds, off west coast of Levkas, Greece)

FWIW

o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 03:00:36 AM »

Terry, I assume you're asking HiTech, as I certainly can't say if he needs or plans to work this in.  Some of it seems to be built in to the driver tech that's in the works, but some might require developer adoption into their code.  I admit though, it would be fantastic to see these in AH one day--I might never shoot at anyone... just stooge around at low alt, gawking:

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image: godrays through clouds, off west coast of Levkas, Greece)

FWIW
Same here! Talk about making up for lack of resolution. I did it in the open alpha and beta, in a 262. No fear of losing it, numbers were way low! In a holding pattern with fingers and every thing that can be, CROSSED  :airplane:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain