Author Topic: Dunkirk  (Read 9904 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dunkirk
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2017, 07:17:41 PM »

Hmmm why did I think that was the responce would get!   Couldnt agree more,now id Verstappen could keep a car running that atleast would be fun to see... :devil

Glad to see you around! :aok

:salute

MORPH!!! Hiya
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2017, 08:56:16 PM »
MORPH!!! Hiya

Good lord, it's Dicho.

This is like one of those movies where all the disappeared heroes come back to get together.  Most excellent.

- oldman

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
Heya Dicho  :aok

:salute

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
If you are lucky enough to this imax 70mm DO NOT MISS IT! There are lots of digital imax theaters but only like 30 actual 70mm film (not digital) projectors left in the US.  The colors and clarity were stunning, compared to the digital version there are significant differences in scope as well. Seeing this movie put you into the movie, similar if you got to see avatar in 3d imax. Christopher Nolan pulled it off with old school film and no 3d.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
If you are lucky enough to this imax 70mm DO NOT MISS IT! There are lots of digital imax theaters but only like 30 actual 70mm film (not digital) projectors left in the US.  The colors and clarity were stunning, compared to the digital version there are significant differences in scope as well. Seeing this movie put you into the movie, similar if you got to see avatar in 3d imax. Christopher Nolan pulled it off with old school film and no 3d.

Agree. I just saw it in Imax 4K lazer - one of the few formats that can support the full 70mm image. The experience is incredible.

Well worth the extra couple of bucks.

Another bonus is that there is more aircraft action that I expected.  :aok
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2017, 07:26:56 PM »
Agree. I just saw it in Imax 4K lazer - one of the few formats that can support the full 70mm image. The experience is incredible.

That made me look it up, and there's actually one cinema in my region showing Dunkirk on 70mm (the last time they did show a movie on 70mm was two years ago).
No imax though, I think there are only two of them left here in Germany.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
Out of curiosity, there was a lot of hubub about an actual warbird being destroyed to film this movie. Did that actually happen?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2017, 08:02:39 PM »
Did that actually happen?

No, just a scale model.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2017, 11:19:12 PM »

Rubbish. Do you think films still get edited in an analog format?

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2017, 11:53:36 AM »
Rubbish. Do you think films still get edited in an analog format?

Do you have expertise in this are?
Pies not kicks.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »
Saw it yesterday and didn't care for it.  20 boats, a regiment of extras and half a dozen airplanes to tell the story of 400,000 allied soldiers, sailors and airmen.

To paraphrase Captain Nemo in 20,000 leaves, "your (film) is brilliant, but it lacks scope."

The scale wasn't captured. The enormity. The end product and the budget don't jive with me.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »

Regina, SK, Canada has one of the VERY true 70mm few across the great white north. . . I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS IN IT'S ORIGINAL FORMAT!!!
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »
:salute just got back from seeing Dunkirk my son says it was alright not much was said. I thought wow your right the brits always talk a lot without saying anything. also thought they may hold signs telling the germans its teatime and such. but overall its a decent movie telling the horrors of the event without the gore. chap I best shut up don't want to spoil it from this point on. :salute :cheers:
:salute ok after some time the movie has been out and some study of the event. frankly the movie did not do justice to the retreat.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2017, 12:22:21 AM »
[quote author=Muzzy link=topic=388261.msg5160197#msg5160197 date=1500732978

Also, you know you play too much AH when you watch this movie and you find yourself muttering "there's the shot...there's the shot! Take it! Take the shot!" during the Spitfire sequences.
[/quote]

Just saw it today and thats exactly it.  :aok

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »
Do you have expertise in this are?

Yes.