Author Topic: Tanks and land bridges and slopes.  (Read 205 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Tanks and land bridges and slopes.
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »
I was testing land bridges today. It appears that bridge width and terrain slope to water matters on a micro scale.

The first bridge was 30ft high and just slightly narrower than one polygon width in the wire frame. The bridge slopes to the water and won't hold a flat top that narrow. When I drove a tank across it, at the halfway point the tank turned left and stopped. Then very, very slowly started sliding down to the water.

The second bridge is 30ft high, one polygon width and the top is flat. The tank drove across at full speed.

I tried to drive the tank down to the water and it drove out into the air and stopped.

Land bridge less than one polygon wide, full speed tank stops, turns down slope to slowly slide at the water.

Land bridge one polygon wide with a flat top, tank crosses with no problems.

Sitting in the air after trying to drive down the slope to the water.

That 200ft high slope in the background that terminates on solid ground, I can drive the tank down it to the solid ground. But not to water.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.