Author Topic: All In  (Read 404 times)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
All In
« on: August 19, 2017, 10:51:18 PM »
I've had my Rift for just over a week now. I've been playing with it in that time getting use to it and making changes to my setup as I go along. Not being happy using the hat to look behind me I spent some time trying to come up with a solution. I finally hit upon the idea of a seat that swivels, and the very next day Skuzzy post something (here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,388711.0.html) about how they have no difficulty checking their six by just turning their chair around. Eureka! Now it sounds simple enough, except for the fact that I've been using the same simpit for at least ten years, and the seat doesn't swivel. So Thursday night I tore my simpit completely down and I'm now using a cobbled together test rig that does indeed swivel, but it is definitely not my simpit.

I like using the swivel to look behind me. I'm still having some difficulty with spacial orientation but I figure it will improve with practice. I managed to fly for about an hour and a half in last nights FSO with no ill effects, and I didn't use the hat switch once. Also flew three sorties in today's scenario without losing an air frame (that aileron doesn't count) and again never used the hat switch. I did however start to feel fatigued, and oddly enough my neck is a bit sore.

Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to mount my simpit seat and control setup on a swivel base so I can have the comfort of familiarity while learning an entirely new way to play the game.

Yeah, I'm all in.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: All In
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:18:41 PM »
 :aok Worth it though, AINT it :rock Your neck muscles will get used to it, trust me :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain