Author Topic: So i'm seeing late war monsters all the time  (Read 16778 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: So i'm seeing late war monsters all the time
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2017, 03:45:07 PM »
I want to fly early war planes and mid war planes also.... but other players who are playing late war planes stop me from doing that, because if someone flies a 190 d9  or a p51d  I will never catch him in a spit 1.

So in essence I have to play like others want me to play, not the way I would like to play.

Chasing a runner is not what you should do...

Don't chase them.  I don't.  Most of them come back screw up and die...

Way is 100% right here...and on top of that...even if I am in a Dora or Tempy, something fast....I still don't chase the runners...I start climbing behind them...this causes them to turn around and fight the majority of the time....sometimes they will wait a long time before they come back...waiting on you to get engaged with another plane...

You have to be aware of whats going on around you...leading up to the 12Hr BoB, several spit 1s and hurri 1s got kills on me in LAs and other various "late war monsters"....but you know what let them get me....BAD SA....BAD SA is what got me killed by them....and bad SA on someone elses part will get YOU kills in early war planes...

YOUR actions will decide whether you get kills or whether or not you will get any better...trying to blame the game or deflect blame from your bad decisions is poor form...especially since you have only played for less than 24 hours...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2017, 04:07:03 PM »
I like flying early war planes in the latewar arena. It's more of a challenge. But it IS a challenge. They are underdogs and outclassed most ways (usually only being able to turn tighter).

Start with the basics. Learn to fly a decent plane or even a good one. Then when you've got a little skill banked, start testing yourself with early war stuff in the MA. Also keep an eye out for scenarios snapshots and special events where everyone is in early war planes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:09:06 PM by Krusty »

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »
No, the Top 10 planes are not all late war planes.  I'll let you try and figure out which one is a mid-war plane (1943).

I know the answer!!!! Lol. It's a typical nugetx post. Hi tech needs to change the game to what he wants.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2017, 04:47:49 PM »
Ok show me a ww2 flight sim apart from Aces High/Air Warrior  that does not have axis vs allies and a normal RPS as a main focus.

Now I will tell you from top of my head all the flight sims which are that

Secret weapons of the luftwaffe  - 1990
Aces of the Pacific - 1992
B-17 flying fortress - 1992
Aces over Europe - 1993
1942 Pacific Air war - 1994
European Air war - 1998
Combat Flight Simulator - 1998
Janes WW2 fighters - 1998
Luftwaffe Commander - 1999
Combat Flight Simulator 2 - 2000
IL2 sturmovik - 2001
Combat Flight Simulator 3 - 2003
Battle of Britain 2 - 2005
Cliffs of Dover - 2010
il2 Battle Of stalingrad - 2015

Don't you see guys that by not having axis vs allies and RPS this game is shooting itself in the foot, because every flight simmer is expecting this to be like this? and all those flight simmers are not here because of this.

And you are telling me I want this game to play 'my way?' ? No! The whole flight sim community wants the game to play like other WW2 flight sims, and not  WW2 mario kart.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:49:28 PM by nugetx »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »
The whole flight sim community wants the game to play like other WW2 flight sims, and not  WW2 mario kart.

I am part of the flight sim community, and no, I do not want that. So there goes "The whole".
If you want to play it like other sims, I suggest you play them.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2017, 04:52:34 PM »
Trying to think if any of those are still viable games?  RPS sucks, AvA limited sucks.  My opinion much like yours is just that.

If you want those things AND AH try out one of the arenas that support it.  If it was all that those arenas would be full.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »

I am part of the flight sim community, and no, I do not want that. So there goes "The whole".
If you want to play it like other sims, I suggest you play them.

the whole which is not here, which is much bigger than what is currently here on AH

RPS sucks, AvA limited sucks

Sure, than all the simes from past 20 years are wrong ! lol !

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »
AH has the axis vs allies arena but people CHOOSE not to fly in there because they prefer the MA.

People vote with their feet.  Historical scenarios and special events cater for those moments where we want to play that way.   Last Saturday's 12 Hour Battle of Britain was epic and none of those other games can come close to putting up those sorts of numbers in an organised fashion.      :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2017, 04:54:56 PM »
AH has the axis vs allies arena but people CHOOSE not to fly in there because they prefer the MA.

It needs to be set accordingly also.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2017, 04:59:10 PM »
Ok show me a ww2 flight sim apart from Aces High/Air Warrior  that does not have axis vs allies and a normal RPS as a main focus.

Warbirds didn't have a RPS until HiTech sold it to iEntertainment (Will Bill's company) that later switched the game to RPS and saw a significant decline in players as a result.

The games you've listed below are single player games, with limited multiplayer that aren't on the scope of a MMO game like Aces High.

Aces over Europe - 1993
European Air war - 1998
IL2 sturmovik - 2001
Cliffs of Dover - 2010

Don't you see guys that by not having axis vs allies and RPS this game is shooting itself in the foot, because every flight simmer is expecting this to be like this? and all those flight simmers are not here because of this.

Again, ask yourself why the creator of Warbirds (that eventually had a RPS system) didn't add it to his new game Aces High?  Why insist on a system that the majority of the players do not wish for?

And you are telling me I want this game to play 'my way?' ? No! The whole flight sim community wants the game to play like other WW2 flight sims, and not  WW2 mario kart.

The "whole flight sim community" most not want a RPS system in this game if the majority of the players do not want such a system.

Thankfully HiTech has already stated that there will be no RPS system in the Melee Arenas. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2017, 04:59:56 PM »
You're trying to prove people don't like something because people aren't here to express opinions on it...

Uhm... yeah. that's at least a few dozen logical fallacies.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2017, 05:00:20 PM »
Aces high walks its own walk, come walk with us.... we dont want to go your way.
TY
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »

Now I will tell you from top of my head all the flight sims which are that

Aces over Europe - 1993
European Air war - 1998
IL2 sturmovik - 2001
Cliffs of Dover - 2010

Again you confuse your opinions with the facts required for an actual argument.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2017, 05:06:50 PM »
You're trying to prove people don't like something because people aren't here to express opinions on it...
I've read plenty of opinions on other forums and in other flight sims from people who are saying exactly this.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2017, 05:09:32 PM »
flight sim community" most not want a RPS system in this game if the majority of the players do not want such a system.

If this was true, every flight sim in history would be ahistorical, but it's the other way around.