Author Topic: Default window size and Twitch  (Read 437 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Default window size and Twitch
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
Two questions.

1. I'm going to start broadcasting my flying through my Twitch account - before I do that however, I want to change the size of my window on my desktop to a reasonable size instead of the 800x400 narrow window it is now. How do I do that?

2. What software are others using to record their video?  nVidia changed Shadowplay and it completely nerfed it for the Rift - I can't get it to broadcast anymore.  :furious
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Default window size and Twitch
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:11:59 PM »
I havent seen a change, per say, in Shadow Play. I just cant use it for Rift. The Rift's mirror display on Desktop only mirrors 1 eye and the display size is skewed and stumpy. With the occulus store that shows in task bar, at full screen, the AH mirror display DOES go from the narrow strip to ALMOST full screen but still has the skewed and short display screen. I have never broadcasted but would assume it would broadcast that AH/Oculus display panel? As the Instant Replay option does? I know Kanth has a previous post in this thread about this, and she uses OBS for films. I just dont recall if she can still broadcast or not. Or even if she did for that matter :headscratch: Cant recall...
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Default window size and Twitch
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:36 PM »
My upload is .5 so it's not in the cards for me to upload without a second pc with a capture card and hooked to satellite purely for upload purposes.  Not sure if I'm that dedicated to live stream when I can just upload..nonlive...idk.

I do use oculus mirror..doesn't matter to me personally that it's one eye.

I recommend OBS over shadowplay. Quality seems better to me. That's just my opinion tho.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.