Author Topic: Question  (Read 5639 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Question
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »
Well then, there ya go.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
Do you know which model sound blaster card you have? Possibly this one?

That is the one I bought and it works great.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 07:39:04 PM »
The sound system is, for better or worse, crazy accurate now.  Sound does travel at the speed of sound.  A round traveling faster than that may not be heard before you explode.

Yes I agree it is very accurate maybe to accurate for some aspects of the GV side. I did not find it fun at all to spawn in 3 or 4 times just end up in the tower without knowing what direction the  camper is shooting from.  use to be fun to bust up a camp, now I give it a shot once or twice and then find something else to do.

Please dont take this the wrong way, I do appreciate the hard work that get put into the game.

Try playing in the arena with one of your test accounts so you don't get bugged to death, find a fight going on and and spawn in, let me know how fun a new player might find it......... just sayin.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 05:55:59 AM »
How does knowing the approximate direction the shot came from help?  If it is a spawn camper, then you are going to be dead anyway.  Right?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
How does knowing the approximate direction the shot came from help?  If it is a spawn camper, then you are going to be dead anyway.  Right?

No. You can get a spawn camper, it just takes time and persistence, and willingness to die a few times.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 06:25:34 PM »

If you know the direction he is in you can maneuver around to get a shot on him, at least you may have a chance to get him, now the way it is you have none.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
Call me crazy, but when I spawn into a camp and get shot, I always hear the round hitting me.  I don't hear the report from their barrel (unless it's close), but I always hear the thud.  Even when it's not a camp, I always hear the thud.  Is the thud sound directional, like the barrel report is?  Can you tell what quadrant it's coming from via the thud as the round collides with the side of your vehicle?

I played around with FMOD last winter, and it is insane how accurate and complex the sound modeling is.  Unfortunately it was so complicated that I never figured out how to add the old AH2 engine sounds.  I changed a bunch of 20mm sounds and 50 cal sounds, but never got around to changing the vehicle sounds.  Although that is totally and completely possible.  That's on my hobby list, different sounds for the game.  But right now I'm focused on berms and land objects.  There's even an online course for FMOD developers that I was going to take but never got around to it because I got into map making.  Berms first, land objects second, sounds after that.  And I need to redo my kitchen somewhere in there.   

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.