Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 31735 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
Stop trying to make it sound like I'm whining you big dummies,

I think that say's it all.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 10:06:52 AM »
I think that say's it all.
What are you mad I called you a dummy because you and other keep posting stupid posts about a legitimate gameplay problem trying to coin it off on me whining because changing it would force you to actually fight without an advantage???
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
That's the root of the opposition, they don't want to fight the uphill fight so they resupply with an M3...thats garbage.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 10:24:31 AM »
What are you mad I called you a dummy because you and other keep posting stupid posts about a legitimate gameplay problem trying to coin it off on me whining because changing it would force you to actually fight without an advantage???
I'm not mad JunkyII, but your endless whine about the M3 and how it will destroy the game get's really old.    It's not going to change, people will resupply they always have and always will.  Your attempt to change the game so everyone has to play your way is well, childish.  Enjoy the game.  Good luck.  I"m done.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2017, 10:51:17 AM »
Give town buildings a fixed downtime of 30 minutes and town guns 15 minutes.  Or 20 minutes for buildings and 10 for guns. 

Base resupply helps players get back into combat.  Town resupply helps players avoid combat.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:53:42 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2017, 11:24:52 AM »
Solutions:

1. Remove all object resupply from ah3. This is Aces High 3, not convoys low 3

Or

2. Remove all perk and score benifits from resupply runs. The OLNY benifit would be the repaired object.

Or

3. All object resupply cargo requires a perk cost to haul/ deploy.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2017, 11:31:11 AM »
You are 100% right , i've been complaining about this lazy ninja m3s resupplying option long before , it's nonsense .....but they made it even more effective after last patches.
After last updates, the GVs  are almost invisible, i can fly 3-4 times at 300 ft above iconless M3 parked in town in F3 mode/ A20, and i realize was an m3 there when red troops start running.   
But unfortunately this is the what the game rewarding; why take off and fight when you can get points for driving m3 or park the invisible dweeb with .45 shot the troops, another stupid slap in face of base takers .
As i said before,  After 18 years  AH is still rewarding the lowest qualities in human behavior and personality; The best fighter never takes off from clubbed fields, best GVer usually sits at spawn crying for sups and best bombers never takes risk bombing CVs, but some worthless targets from 30k, @ 4 AM.
 Watch AH front page; this are AH heroes on front page and the newby crowd follows.
Imo, should reward teams, not individuals .
 The team vs team fight was  eliminated slowly with every patch( and with it 100s of team-vs team fight oriented players), making bases more and more difficult to capture, huge tows, 100s of flacks, more Vh,FHs,,( LOOK at the evolution size of V bases, Airfield base, Ports from AH1 to AH2->AH3 and you'll understand why was better game and better populated even with lower quality graphics )  Vbases un-capturable,  Massive towns around large fields, you need all the average main arena population to white flag}  and what;s left is this nonsense vulch for kills and points.
 I'm not surprised the MA is almost empty, with 15-20 player/team most of the day.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »
Make towns a function of resupplying bases, and move the map room back onto bases for all maps.  So taking down town helps keep guns, ord, troops, etc down longer on base.  Re-add convoys and trains.  Make town downtime equivalent to city down time, and make it so base can only be resupped through the town.

OR

Make supplies not instantaneous.  Add a timer on those for objects being resupplied, and just like torpedos, make them disappear if the person reups before the resup timer has gone off.  I mean is it really realistic a single M3 can stop on the edge of town and simultaneously knock on 150 doors and give them all a bar of soap, or would the people have to come to a depot to get their soap?
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2017, 11:49:11 AM »
very easy solution, go to the Airfield or Vbase that the M3's are spawing in from and kill the troops.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2017, 12:14:32 PM »
You are 100% right , i've been complaining about this lazy ninja m3s resupplying option long before , it's nonsense .....but they made it even more effective after last patches.
After last updates, the GVs  are almost invisible, i can fly 3-4 times at 300 ft above iconless M3 parked in town in F3 mode/ A20, and i realize was an m3 there when red troops start running.   
But unfortunately this is the what the game rewarding; why take off and fight when you can get points for driving m3 or park the invisible dweeb with .45 shot the troops, another stupid slap in face of base takers .
As i said before,  After 18 years  AH is still rewarding the lowest qualities in human behavior and personality; The best fighter never takes off from clubbed fields, best GVer usually sits at spawn crying for sups and best bombers never takes risk bombing CVs, but some worthless targets from 30k, @ 4 AM.
 Watch AH front page; this are AH heroes on front page and the newby crowd follows.
Imo, should reward teams, not individuals .
 The team vs team fight was  eliminated slowly with every patch( and with it 100s of team-vs team fight oriented players), making bases more and more difficult to capture, huge tows, 100s of flacks, more Vh,FHs,,( LOOK at the evolution size of V bases, Airfield base, Ports from AH1 to AH2->AH3 and you'll understand why was better game and better populated even with lower quality graphics )  Vbases un-capturable,  Massive towns around large fields, you need all the average main arena population to white flag}  and what;s left is this nonsense vulch for kills and points.
 I'm not surprised the MA is almost empty, with 15-20 player/team most of the day.

Yup I have to agree with what you are saying. It's so true. 

besides the scoring part, which I think should reward both squads and individuals too. As someone who does like to complete for #1 fighter on occasion, the lamest game play type people typically aren't at the very top, in most cases. It's the lazy game play that has made the game slower and I agree with your main premise of why the MA died down.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
You get them out of M-3's by killing the troop bunkers at adjacent fields.  6 bunkers down and they are done running sups for at least 30 minutes.  Not to mention killing sup running M-3's is like eating chicken fries, you can't eat just one...  :devil  With that said the amount of uptime given for a supply run INMO needs to be adjusted downward slightly. Maybe 8 mins...  :headscratch:

Question, Down time, is that real world time 1 minute = 60 seconds or arena time, 1 minute =20 seconds?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »
I don't have an opinion on M3/resupp one way or the other.  The game play is what it is, and like every other aspect of the game, a player learns to do what brings the best chance of success.  A lot of this discussion seems to presume that a given individual player thinks (and acts) as an entire country.  They don't.  I have seen many, many times when help is called for to defend a base and no help comes or even worse, the request is ridiculed and no help is coming.  So what is that player to do?  Try to up a plane into 6 or 8 swooping cons?  Go take off from a base 1.5 sectors away and hope they can avoid a gaggle of cons and get over town before troops run?  Or maybe they'll think running town supps might give the best chance of success, given that they appear to be alone or nearly alone trying to defend.

The issues with GV invisibility effect both sides equally.  A resupp M3 is no more or less invisible than a M3 carrying troops.  I don't see how that would give any advantage or disadvantage to one side but not the other.  It seems to me that when a group swoops in over a base/town trying to take it, instead of having 8 planes orbiting the AF waiting for uppers, perhaps a smarter tactic would be to leave 4 there, put one over/orbiting town, and three criss-crossing the path a resupp M3 is going to take to get from spawn to town.

What's going to be the next reason base takes are "too hard?"  Ack?  Too many buildings?  Map room at the opposite end of town from the spawn?  Ridiculous!  Just play and account for the possible defense by resupp.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
I don't have an opinion on M3/resupp one way or the other.  The game play is what it is, and like every other aspect of the game, a player learns to do what brings the best chance of success.  A lot of this discussion seems to presume that a given individual player thinks (and acts) as an entire country.  They don't.  I have seen many, many times when help is called for to defend a base and no help comes or even worse, the request is ridiculed and no help is coming.  So what is that player to do?  Try to up a plane into 6 or 8 swooping cons?  Go take off from a base 1.5 sectors away and hope they can avoid a gaggle of cons and get over town before troops run?  Or maybe they'll think running town supps might give the best chance of success, given that they appear to be alone or nearly alone trying to defend.

The issues with GV invisibility effect both sides equally.  A resupp M3 is no more or less invisible than a M3 carrying troops.  I don't see how that would give any advantage or disadvantage to one side but not the other.  It seems to me that when a group swoops in over a base/town trying to take it, instead of having 8 planes orbiting the AF waiting for uppers, perhaps a smarter tactic would be to leave 4 there, put one over/orbiting town, and three criss-crossing the path a resupp M3 is going to take to get from spawn to town.

What's going to be the next reason base takes are "too hard?"  Ack?  Too many buildings?  Map room at the opposite end of town from the spawn?  Ridiculous!  Just play and account for the possible defense by resupp.
I hear what your saying...but that is the EXACT problem...M3 shouldnt be the most effective form of defense for a base. The reason we don't have people lifting off in LAs at the sight of a base flashing anymore is because people know they don't have to immediately now...they can wait to resupply it.

very easy solution, go to the Airfield or Vbase that the M3's are spawing in from and kill the troops.
Same dumb argument that has been answered 50 times...you can resupply that base and the target base town faster then it takes for you to drop the troops and that town.

I'm not mad JunkyII, but your endless whine about the M3 and how it will destroy the game get's really old.    It's not going to change, people will resupply they always have and always will.  Your attempt to change the game so everyone has to play your way is well, childish.  Enjoy the game.  Good luck.  I"m done.
How long have you been here??? You used to not have town resupply at all in game and guess what...NOE hordes were met with whirbs and a swarm of LAs and fights occurred...now missions arent even upped against because its easier to resupply the town to hold the base....How can you not see the issue there???

Anyone can answer that....how is there not a problem when M3 resupplying town is the MOST effective form of defense for a base?....in a combat game....come on, I know I'm not smarter then you all but the answers against this not being a problem are just stupid.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2017, 03:23:22 PM »
...but that is the EXACT problem...M3 shouldnt be the most effective form of defense for a base. The reason we don't have people lifting off in LAs at the sight of a base flashing anymore is because people know they don't have to immediately now...they can wait to resupply it.

Well I disagree it's the "most effective" form of base defense, but it IS a good defense if you're alone or nearly so and trying to defend against a swarm.  You seem to think swarm ought to equal automatic base take, so I'll turn the question back on you and ask WHY that should be?  We can't resupp from a base itself, and in real life that would be where it would get resupped from UNLESS that base was under heavy attack, then it would come from surrounding bases.

You used to not have town resupply at all in game and guess what...NOE hordes were met with whirbs and a swarm of LAs and fights occurred...now missions arent even upped against because its easier to resupply the town to hold the base....How can you not see the issue there???

Perhaps the answer to your question is why we don't see NOE swarm missions anymore.  When the attacks change, the response is going to change and it will be by any means available to anyone playing who chooses that method.  That's how everything else in the game works, from ammo loadout to bomb loadout to which plane/GV to fly or drive and from where.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »

Same dumb argument that has been answered 50 times...you can resupply that base and the target base town faster then it takes for you to drop the troops and that town.
How long have you been here??? You used to not have town resupply at all in game and guess what...NOE hordes were met with whirbs and a swarm of LAs and fights occurred...now missions arent even upped against because its easier to resupply the town to hold the base....How can you not see the issue there???

All you have to do is include the supporting bases in your attack plan.  They can't resupply A1 if in your planning you strike at the supporting base and kill troops. Then flatten A1 and your done, another base capture.  I've been here 18 years.  How is it that you don't see how resupply is a part of all wars. Any strategy to capture a base needs to account for it.  How is it that you don't see that to counter the resupply both sides are forced to engage in combat at the supporting base.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes