Author Topic: Been considering a big change.  (Read 9741 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Re: Been considering a big change.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »
Ok I am sold.  I have completely eliminated GVing and level bombing from gameplay due to VR.  I would love to be able to take my headset off for the bomb run, then back on to fly home  :rock
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 04:34:27 AM »
That would really change things for VR users.

Great idea.

In addition to this I wonder if it would then be possible to run AH through the library on a desktop without the headset being connected.
At this time it is not. When I try to start from Oculus library without the headset connected, error message appears and the app doesn't start.
I have AH on a laptop and do not carry my rift around all day. This would help me pass some dull office hours  :devil

Sorry for the hijack....

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:40:48 AM by McShark »
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 05:55:16 AM »
Also it would be a feature that could simply be disabled in the vr settings.

Also debating which config files I wish to use for which. Some like window positions obviously should use the non VR files.

Others like controls I think should remain in VR.

HiTech

Having a disable in VR would counter the sound problem for most of us. 

If you use sound systems that look for "default" windows sound devices it give them problems even with a check.

If I do not use VR, I switch to Trackir.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 06:57:19 AM »
You currently have one of the best VR implementations out there. What ever you do please leave a switch to allow the user to keep the current system if they want to.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 08:50:50 AM »
Question --  Would the flight stick controls revert as well?  In other words, you takeoff the headset, and now the hat switch is mapped to view keys or whatever (non-VR) setup the user chooses

?

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »
Question --  Would the flight stick controls revert as well?  In other words, you takeoff the headset, and now the hat switch is mapped to view keys or whatever (non-VR) setup the user chooses

?

Also it would be a feature that could simply be disabled in the vr settings.

Also debating which config files I wish to use for which. Some like window positions obviously should use the non VR files.

Others like controls I think should remain in VR.

HiTech

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 03:14:46 PM »
Please consider adding VR sli currently supported by Nvidia. With more power pixel density/resolution could be improved with the oculus tray tool. Or better yet offer an in game setting adjustment for the resolution/pixel density. Assumining it's not already at the max.

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 05:50:56 PM »
Sounds good, getting Sim Commander to add AH3 for tactical feedback would also be cool  :cool:

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »
What if when you remove your head set, it swapped to normal screen mode and visa versa?

HiTech

This sounds good to someone who is interested in easing into VR.    :aok

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »
So we'll have this by FSO Friday night Im assuming right?    ;)

49Alpha

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 04:00:26 PM »
This was way easier then I expected it to be.

HiTech

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
Anything that adds versatility, innovation & choice to this game I'm in favor of it, regardless of whether I'm using it or not.

You never know what tomorrow may bring.

+1

:aok

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »
This was way easier then I expected it to be.

HiTech

Hopefully VR film is also.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2017, 05:03:16 PM »

Hopefully VR film is also.
As in the Mirror Screen when in Vr, that would look more normal in Shadow Play game recordings? +1,0000...well its a YES,hope so :pray   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
What if when you remove your head set, it swapped to normal screen mode and visa versa?

HiTech

I been away awhile, but getting the itch again, hence I trolled site again.

HiTech I use the rift, I would turn off all other displays once in game. I did this because the refresh rate on my display was only 60Hz, the rift is 90Hz and I perceived an extra flickering with the conflict. I made sure the vid card was only dealing with 1 device, it helped.
for what its worth.

:salute
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64