Author Topic: Been considering a big change.  (Read 9748 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Been considering a big change.
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2017, 02:58:13 PM »
To, the "Hour Glass" issue from a previous reply. I am having the same issue. Previously with using VR, the micro freezes/stutters were way less in number.NOW, they are really ramped up. Only now I get freeze frames with the "Hour Glass" showing up for up to 2 seconds at worst and 1/2 second at least. I get them mostly after looking back to right(more so than back to left), I believe this MAY be due to having the clip board open on right side wing area? I also get the smaller freezes after using VOX,window for Name of transmitter is also on right side. The rare instances of looking left and getting the small freeze is only when I am looking left and expand the "Text Buffer" window. Yes, I paid attention! Wrote down every little instance and what I did just before the freezes! In 4 hours yesterday I had 37 of these instances. 21 longer than 1 second with 19 of those back to right view change. :uhoh  I dont want to Hijack the thread, but IF this is because of a resource issue What can safely be turned off, IE in background possesses in TASK MANAGER. Am I safe to experiment with questionable processes? Meaning turn something off(that IS needed) and restart computer so process restarts and just try again,but keep that one on? Get nervous about that sort of thing :uhoh
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:03:01 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2017, 04:30:04 PM »
Getting the hourglass oddity here as well.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2017, 06:52:04 PM »
Just noticed my VR is no longer 3D.

Update: confirmed DISABLING auto VR swap sets the VR to 2D instead of 3D stereo.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:44:43 PM by Vulcan »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2017, 12:46:00 AM »
Just noticed my VR is no longer 3D.

Update: confirmed DISABLING auto VR swap sets the VR to 2D instead of 3D stereo.
Yep, I asked you about it in game. Thats just plain ODD. I certainly didnt have that issue. Was head tracking still working? I assume it was, as pretty sure you would have been typing it RODBUSTER style lol  I didnt even think that was possible. If you research this and find out what caused it, PLEASE post it. If it happened to you, we could all experience that at some point :rock Man,that would really suck :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline modeus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »
Modeus, I think it suppose to be; disable mirror in the vr menu.

I just played with this... I absolutely do not understand what it does, but it does not stop the graphics swap from happening when I lift my headset. But I am finding tricks to keep it from happening with how I slide my headset off...

I also learned that while i'm in the black loading screen while switching, I lose VOX, which has made it nearly to the top of my list of reasons why I want to turn this feature off.

Modeus

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
I get the hourglass whether I take the headset off or not.  It just randomly appears and freezes the game.  Certainly something that needs to be fixed since it happens every 2 minutes... 
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »
Disable mirror stops the VR mirror from updating. 

Press OK after selecting it.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2017, 07:42:01 PM »
Disable mirror stops the VR mirror from updating. 

Press OK after selecting it.

What does this mean?  The VR mirror?  One option I see gets rid of 3D altogether, what does the other do?

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:14 PM »
The VR mirror is the window on your desktop that mirrors one screen of the VR headset.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2017, 12:17:24 PM »
The VR mirror is the window on your desktop that mirrors one screen of the VR headset.

So with it disabled, what displays on the monitor?

49Alpha

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
The VR mirror is displayed but it doesn't update. Disable mirror stops the VR mirror from updating.