Author Topic: Oculus map zoom  (Read 1162 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Oculus map zoom
« on: August 29, 2017, 12:11:24 PM »
Since I have to use the little mini-remote that comes with the Oculus to open/close the clipboard, and select things that the white ball is hovering over is there a way I can zoom in/out of the map by using buttons on the same remote (like the up/down/left/right circle) instead of hitting insert/delete everytime?
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Oculus map zoom
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
I can use my regular mouse to click items pointed at by the cursor ball.  :uhoh Must be a mouse option setting,that being said, the remote for Oculus should be mapable as it shows up under Controllers in options? Never tried, as I just use the mouse :headscratch:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
I can use my regular mouse to click items pointed at by the cursor ball.  :uhoh Must be a mouse option setting,that being said, the remote for Oculus should be mapable as it shows up under Controllers in options? Never tried, as I just use the mouse :headscratch:

I too use a regular mouse.  Once you find it, it is amazing how easy it is to find over and over again.

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »
Sometimes I have to use my remote and mouse don't work, the work around for me is to always use space bar initially when centering the HMD instead of the rift remote, not had an issue since.

Thinking about using home-aid braille with hot glue for some keys to help find them but Insert & Delete are not hard to find anymore because there above the arrow keys around that open area on keyboard.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 10:07:23 PM »
How do you zoom in/out of the clipboard map with the mouse??

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
Click the zoom buttons on the map.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 06:24:01 AM »
How do you zoom in/out of the clipboard map with the mouse??

You are right, it rarely works.  It was listed as a bug some time ago.  I have not used it for so long I had forgotten about the clipboard sizing problem.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 08:47:47 AM »
The buttongs that make the clipboard larger and smaller?  Thats the only buttons I know of.  I've never seen buttons to zoom in/out on the map.

49Alpha

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »
The buttongs that make the clipboard larger and smaller?  Thats the only buttons I know of.  I've never seen buttons to zoom in/out on the map.

Sorry brain fart, you are correct. Those are the clipboard resize buttons. You cannot zoom with the mouse unless it has buttons you can program to zoom map in/out.

I have buttons mapped on my throttle to zoom the map. I have buttons mapped on my joystick for left and right mouse clicks. I just look and click without using the mouse.

I don't use the remote but if you can program the buttons to global zoom map in/out it should work.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 01:05:42 AM »
Right Button on mouse! On the plus and minus,just like 2d AH :x If you can get the ball to hold still in VR,it do disappear in that area :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 01:44:39 AM »
Right Button on mouse! On the plus and minus,just like 2d AH :x If you can get the ball to hold still in VR,it do disappear in that area :uhoh

Doh! I thought I mis-remembered that.  OK.  Left button resizes clipboard, right button resizes map.  :aok

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »
I just wound up mapping the Oculus Remote in Aces High to have the Up/Down zoom In/Out on the clipboard map.  Thanks for the responses.

49Alpha