Author Topic: TA Hard To Find  (Read 3353 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: TA Hard To Find
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 04:38:58 AM »
It's too bad there aren't more things to do there than fly around by yourself when it's empty.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 05:17:08 AM »
It's too bad there aren't more things to do there than fly around by yourself when it's empty.

Which it is 99% of the time.  We can never change that so the truth is the noobs have to find their own way.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 09:34:44 AM »
It's hard to be a noob. We had it tough, too. Should we carry on the tradition of toughness?

Had there not been an enthusiastic guy commanding me and the others to the H2H arenas to practice, I wouldn't be here. The previous time I had tried a flight sim I couldn't get the plane up at all, just taxied and crashed against hangars.

On the other hand, we had one guy in our squad who really had studied the instructions. According to his own words he was somewhat of an eidetic, reading once being sufficient. Pity that he doesn't fly any more, a guy that knew by heart all down times and ammo loads to destroy an object was irreplaceable.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »
A lot of basics can be covered in a video which can play when you enter the training arena.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »
A lot of basics can be covered in a video which can play when you enter the training arena.
We have Videos on arena entry dont we? Or did they disable them already?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
Still there.  :D

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 09:11:36 AM »
Aces High III is one of the few remaining games that doesn't require new players to go through some type of boot camp.  As simple as "Here is how you use the Text buffers", "Here is how you bring bring up the clipboard", "Here is how to zoom in and out on the clip board".  Something like that.  I know there are already videos and text help pages that do all that, but it's not mandatory that the new player look at them.  From watching and reading some of the reviews on Steam, people are as always jumping right into the fire and wondering why they are not enjoying the experience.  Forcing a new player to train is an HTC decision as is everything connected to this game.   It appears that numbers and I hope subscriptions are growing, as are some negative  reviews which from my reading appear oriented around game complexity, perhaps it might appear less complex with mandatory training for new players.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
   Just throw them in the MA pool. I think they have learned much from chatting and flying with the community in the MA. I had a few join my plane or wing with them on a few sorties and answered questions for them.

Does the TA have AI drones they can spar with? If not it should with AI decreased lethality.  :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.