Author Topic: I like it...BUT  (Read 1033 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
I like it...BUT
« on: September 06, 2017, 05:05:39 PM »
 :aok I like the new implementation of the VR headset switch on last patch. It will greatly improve game play for VR users :rock Now the BUT...I really hate to be "THAT GUY" :uhoh My issue,all my hat switches are programmed to non view uses. Is there a way to have separate control settings reset with the head set change? I guess I could use "Num Pad" views,true. Thinking if after removal of VR headset, Aces High would then recognize TIR? If its a big issue, no worries, just wondering if it is even possible. I can live with the "Num Pad" as the new VR system DOES fix most of my problems in VR :aok Thanks for this, change! I think it will be a great inducement for getting more VR players!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: I like it...BUT
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
 :rolleyes: Ok, this was covered in "Considering big change" thread. Sorry. So ok TIR is no go, so anyway to have regular hat switch controls swapped when out of VR headset? It is a separate config file like  head positions?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:55:57 PM »
VR and desktop have separate control maps. You should see it switch when you remove the headset.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:18:24 PM by FLS »

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »
I too use extra hat switches for other things since not needed VR, but I think you could use mode 3 or 4 if not in use already (or you could sacrifice for this) to set up for non VR?

Seems like that could do it, if all in use by most, maybe a mode 5 could be added.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
Controls stayed the same but I also did use mode 4 on stick!  :cheers:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:19:56 AM »
My thinking was if you needed a different mapping when removing the head set you could use the extra modes.

The reason I did not wish to load the non VR mapping was because I can see many people would wish to do the key mapping in full screen mode instead of doing the mapping in the head set.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:23:56 AM »
Thanks for clarifying. I thought everything switched between VR and desktop. I forgot you mentioned controls earlier.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 12:48:27 AM »
 :aok This has been a GREAT addition to game play HighTech! SOOO glad you thought about doing this. Thank you

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 08:52:41 AM »
:aok This has been a GREAT addition to game play HighTech! SOOO glad you thought about doing this. Thank you

As long as it becomes fixed for those of us whose game is now broken because of it LoL
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"