Author Topic: Voice attack users  (Read 2079 times)

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
Voice attack users
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:28:31 AM »
Can those that use Voice attack tell me what you use if for?  It looks to be really useful but I'd love to get some ideas up front what to set up as opposed to my usual method of flounder around a while, then ask for help.   :rofl
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Voice attack users
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 07:52:09 AM »
I don't have VR, but use VA to do things like raise/lower the gear, open the various radio channels, get external view for bombers and taxiing, etc. I think there's a way to dictate to VA so if you open the radio buffer, you can use speech-to-text instead of typing your text message.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 08:42:44 AM »
The picking of radio channels and dication would be my most wanted feature, at least until somebody mentions the next great use, great to know it's possible.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 09:08:44 AM »
I doubt the dictation works well enough. Commands using words easily recognized by the program are probably the best use. To train voice recognition use the Windows Speech Recognition program in the Control Panel to improve Voice Attack.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
I doubt the dictation works well enough. Commands using words easily recognized by the program are probably the best use. To train voice recognition use the Windows Speech Recognition program in the Control Panel to improve Voice Attack.
YUP,as FLS said. It took some time for VA/Windows to recognize my speech. Thought I was speaking english all this time....but VA thought it was a Southern Farsi dialect :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »
I just got the steam version of this and can see it's potential, straight away I wanted to tackle the 'close chat' that in game is enter button, this is not working, any tips for a new VA user?

Ive set this for active window and tried specifically for AH3, not working in AH3 but does in notepad...

I open to do a quick view, then close with 'Enter', do any of you use VA to close the chat window successfully?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »
Do you have a blinking cursor in the text bar when you try to close it?

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »
I didn't think you could close the chat window. Radio window yes but not the chat window? Maybe I a using the wrong names.
Anyway I have used the enter key with VA but as mentioned above the cursor has to be in the window. Try issuing a slash first then the enter key in the same command.
I have a profile that dictation works. I will try to clean it up and post it.

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »
Lost power last night due to Irma right after I got VA working, yes the cursor was in the chat, I'll play around with it some today.

Thanks

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 10:34:36 AM »
Got it figured out, I had to run as administrator, thanks!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 11:04:55 AM »
Good to know, thanks for posting the fix.  :aok

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 11:26:35 AM »
I didn't think you could close the chat window. Radio window yes but not the chat window? Maybe I a using the wrong names.
Anyway I have used the enter key with VA but as mentioned above the cursor has to be in the window. Try issuing a slash first then the enter key in the same command.
I have a profile that dictation works. I will try to clean it up and post it.

So there is hope!  Looking forward to the profile, thanks.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 06:05:50 PM »
I use it to lock my head position to the rear in VR. Something i can't do otherwise without holding the hat switch. I also found it has to run as admin. Still have an issue that doesn't show up in the notepad test area. i don't use voice feature for this instead i use a key press. i have kp4 activate kp1 continuously. to deactivate i use the CNTL F4 to kill the KP4 as well as the right side one.
This works spectacurly well in notepad. a 4 plus 1111111111111111. pres cntl F4 and it stops.

In the game nothing happened when i press CNTL F4, unless I open clipboard. After some playing around i found that KP1 would stop things after pressing CNTL F4. so i added this to the mix.

This improved but it would take two presses of CNTL F4 to actually center my head position completely forward. The first press its kind of off, the second one centers me on the reticle.

Not sure what is going on. :Probably some goof up on my part.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 09:56:17 PM »
I see voice attack for $10 on their site, and $12 from steam.

Where did you guys get yours? Is it easy to set up
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 12:39:02 AM »
Try the free version to see how you like it.