Author Topic: Can I use the mouse instead of the oculus controller?  (Read 615 times)

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
Can I use the mouse instead of the oculus controller?
« on: September 10, 2017, 02:34:41 PM »
I'd rather not look at everything I want to click, but look in the direction and use the mouse to select things.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Can I use the mouse instead of the oculus controller?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:48:20 PM »
You don't need the oculus controller at all. I don't think the mouse will capture the cursor.

I just map the mouse buttons to my joystick and look and click.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 05:21:17 AM »
I only have 10 minutes of experience in the game, but my initial reaction is that it would be amazing to have the mouse control the cursor on screen.  It took me so long to adjust the chat window and I never did get it right, it was so clunky.  Flew some in the WW1 arena to get a feel, messing up and augering was a cool experience, cant wait to get off work.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
I only have 10 minutes of experience in the game, but my initial reaction is that it would be amazing to have the mouse control the cursor on screen.  It took me so long to adjust the chat window and I never did get it right, it was so clunky.  Flew some in the WW1 arena to get a feel, messing up and augering was a cool experience, cant wait to get off work.

Dosn't work well. Tried to have it that way initially.
PS if you take your head set off the mouse then works. Also the mouse button is always active even if you have the head set on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:11:00 AM »
When you adjust the size of the chat window adjusting the left side instead of the right side works better for me.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
haggerty i've had more luck sizing the chat window from the bottom than from the top, and then dragging it around once sized.
every once in a while i still throw it on the ceiling though.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »
I have gotten used to pushing that button to click.  Its easier than the mouse.  I also have the clipboard open and zoom in/out of map linked to that little controller.  I use it to reset and recenter view in vr too.  I keep it in my left hand and place it down on the left side of my controller while i fly.  Rarely need to keyboard.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"