Author Topic: MA Players - a challenge  (Read 6682 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: MA Players - a challenge
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 09:35:08 AM »
What's the discord channel link?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »
What's the discord channel link?

I think he may be talking about the one we was using when we flew together. I can link it.

https://discord.gg/mdkw4xs
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2017, 11:09:10 AM »
Heh, I bet most don't even get your "Frank Savage" post, oldma... Or even know who he is

Or more importantly the real person his character was based upon.  :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2017, 12:44:28 AM »
Wouldn't mind going at it against you, nrshida, if I can find time after I get back from my 2nd Florida trip in less than 2 weeks...am heading back down I  the morning....

Yeah good. Hoping for some stiff competition. Timing's good, I'm back in the workshop dismantling the family car this week  :salute

Last few times I was online, I stopped by the MPA, even tried to get others to come join....couldn't get in takers.....

Hmmm, I'm getting a theory. Or is it the flu, sometimes feels the same  :rofl

I think he may be talking about the one we was using when we flew together. I can link it.

Sorry man. Haven't had time to even research how it works. Do you have to pay for channels?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 01:42:01 AM »
What can be infered from this thread receiving 829 views but so few coming to the MPA? That there is some interest in theory?

I'll make a limited offer. If I can beat you five times in a row including the first fight then I'll teach you intermediate merging techniques and tactical approaches to the 1-on-1. It's a good deal, take it  :)

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2017, 02:22:41 AM »
What can be infered from this thread receiving 829 views but so few coming to the MPA? That there is some interest in theory?

I'll make a limited offer. If I can beat you five times in a row including the first fight then I'll teach you intermediate merging techniques and tactical approaches to the 1-on-1. It's a good deal, take it  :)
When are you in the MPA. I havent been there..ever. I have hit a wall when it comes to my skill level, so more than willing to try and learn some new stuff. Seems after you hit that wall, defeats become exponentially harder to deal with. Frustration factor really sets in
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:30:15 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2017, 03:02:39 AM »
I'm unfortuantely placed in Timezones. I'm on CET (Central European Time) and I can usually only play in my daytimes. That would be say between 3-9 a.m. Texas time.

If there's anyway you can get on sometime then, I'd be happy to help.  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2017, 04:24:57 AM »
What is a match play arena? http://www.hitechcreations.com/gameinfo/gameinfo-arenas I see it in arena list when log on but don`t see any set up information etc. How does it differ from dueling arena? Just curious. Going against the unknown in MA is a lot more exiting than any set up one-on-one duel IMHO and I get plenty 1v1 over there.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2017, 07:43:54 AM »
I am washing my hair :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2017, 11:49:09 AM »
What is A.C.M.? if its what I think it is I only know 1 move It usally don't work though. esp. with P-47M's that can shoot you down from 1K out.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
What is A.C.M.? if its what I think it is I only know 1 move It usally don't work though.

I guarantee if you invest some time learning in the MPA, it'd eventually translate to more success / enjoyment in the MA.

What is a match play arena? http://www.hitechcreations.com/gameinfo/gameinfo-arenas I see it in arena list when log on but don`t see any set up information etc. How does it differ from dueling arena? Just curious. Going against the unknown in MA is a lot more exiting than any set up one-on-one duel IMHO and I get plenty 1v1 over there.

Those arena descriptions are terribly out of date. Someone ought to report that as a bug...

Well Astrix I used to be in the DA a lot before I came to the MA. The MPA differs mainly in 3 respects:

1 - You just choose to go there. If there are opponents in there you join the queue and just fly - no talking, no smack-talk, no MA handbag arguments to bring you there, no MA ego-melting consequences when you're finished. Nice clean fights.

2 - Air spawing just compresses the ACM massively. No takeoffs and tiresome climbouts. You spawn into visual range and begin your merge. Every hour in there is really really dense ACM.

3 - In the past the duelling fields of the DA were almost exclusively same plane duelling. That's not the culture which has now emerged in the MPA (which is fascinating in itself). The most popular fights are 1-on-1 mixed plane matches. So you have an exciting mix of fans of particular aircraft with different levels of ACM knowledge competing.

I have thousands of hours in my favourite plane. I daresay in the last 7 years there aren't any players who match it. However only in the last few months have I ever been driven to explore tactics, plane control and ACM as much as I have duelling experts in different types. If you can just see the result being not being the number of kills / deaths scored and consider it instead to be what you learn about your plane and yourself, you'll win everytime!

Zack is bald by the way...

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
What altitude is the air spawn?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »
What altitude is the air spawn?
its random. I wish there was a way to control it
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2017, 01:46:39 PM »
its random. I wish there was a way to control it

It is not random, it is set in the terrain with a spawn points. The arena cycles threw all of its spawn points.

HiTech

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2017, 08:08:31 PM »
It is not random, it is set in the terrain with a spawn points. The arena cycles threw all of its spawn points.

HiTech
so it moves from field to field then? Must be why I had a fight over the tank town thing before
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3