Author Topic: Gunsight out of focus in some planes/vehicles?  (Read 807 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Gunsight out of focus in some planes/vehicles?
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:01:52 AM »
Flying with Oculus CV1.

In spitfire - no matter which eye i close - gunsight is in the same spot. Similar in corsair.

In Yak/La/Zeke and GVs - no longer the case. When in right eye i have a target smack in the center, then left eye gunsight is pointing somewhere else.
Only way to get around that is to disable VR mirroring - makes everything flatter but it alliviates the problem, but movements feel little weird and things aren't as pretty ( FPS performance sure increases though )

Am I doing something wrong ?
What does the disable mirroring do really ?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Gunsight out of focus in some planes/vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 09:08:15 AM »
Sounds like you're getting mono vision which was a VR option in previous versions of Aces High.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:14:57 AM »
So you're saying everything looks flat instead of 3D?
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 10:38:18 AM »
N95KF it sounds like a bug where selecting the new feature is starting an obsolete feature on some systems. On most systems it works like it's supposed to.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:30:25 PM »
Same problem I had, I disabled the auto-VR-desktop switch feature and got 2D mode. Turned the feature back on and went back to 3D.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »
Flying with Oculus CV1.

In spitfire - no matter which eye i close - gunsight is in the same spot. Similar in corsair.

In Yak/La/Zeke and GVs - no longer the case. When in right eye i have a target smack in the center, then left eye gunsight is pointing somewhere else.
Only way to get around that is to disable VR mirroring - makes everything flatter but it alliviates the problem, but movements feel little weird and things aren't as pretty ( FPS performance sure increases though )

Ok,when using Oculus Vr on my rig, disabling the VR MIRROR pauses the monitors video refreshing on desktop monitor. No noticeable change in frame rates. When I dis able the Auto VR swap the Oculus headset is same as 2d monitor is showing(which defeats the purpose of being in VR) No noticeable Frame rate change WHILE IN HEADSET(75 fps) only FR change is when taking headset off, monitor shows 214FPS. The reason you are seeing a difference between left/right eye, is because of EYE dominance. VR is binocular and the gunsights in planes you mentioned are off set from center a bit. If you close one eye when shooting, adjust your head position for your dominate eye. To check this, point your index finger at a spot in distance and then close an eye. You will see your finger points at a different spot, depending on eye dominance. Another way is to put your palms together straight in front of your eyes,arms extended. Slowly bring your clasped palms to towards your face. Your palms will naturally shade towards your dominate eye. It is much like using telescopic gun sights on a Rifle. You CAN close your off eye to shoot, BUT with both eyes open you still have wider field of view.Some are comfortable with both eyes open, some are not. I always suggest leaving both eyes open though, you will get used to it. The way I observed the disabling Auto Vr swap,is it just uses the head tracking of Rift headset as a TracIR type of view system but you lose the In cockpit realism. If you like playing with the swap function off, you would be better served with just using TIR. Guess its just a preference thing in that case. I would go back to TIR, but not gonna happen in my case.  As for frame rate issue goes, I would need to know how you have your graphics set up for VR. I use Nvidia and with their Control panel I have NO super Sampling enabled. There are other options that are also big resource hogs as well.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 05:11:08 PM »
Flying with Oculus CV1.

Aside from the mono vision bug, have you checked the right and left eye position by firing your guns? When I see two gunsights they are both accurate, they just line up with different eyes.  Try moving your head position so only one sight is visible on the glass. Either sight works.