Author Topic: not exactly a bug - range text  (Read 873 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
not exactly a bug - range text
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:52:41 AM »
Range text was not visible in my text window. I had to add it manually via the settings of the text tab.
Seems like this is the situation for many players because I have yet to get any response to text I sent in this channel.

I think this channel will not be used if it is off by default - it should be on by default and also flick it on for all current players. THEN they may turn it off if they wish to.

Also, its default color is too dark.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:54:53 AM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: not exactly a bug - range text
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:16:37 AM »
Range does default to on for new users. It was only existing users who had to turn it on once.

HiTech

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:58:24 AM »
This is what I thought.

Maybe it is worth a note in the MOTD when current players log in. I am sure that many did not read the patch notes, are unaware of this new feature, and/or do not know that they need to do something in order to see this channel.

The range text seems like a good feature, it is a shame if it remains unused due to an obscure tick box in the text buffer options. It is worthless unless the vast majority of players can see range text.

:salute
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 05:11:19 PM »
We found one big benefit to it last night. In F3 from the tower I was able to guide jabo into an enemy tank that had fighters grounded due to his position.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 04:19:17 AM »
We found one big benefit to it last night. In F3 from the tower I was able to guide jabo into an enemy tank that had fighters grounded due to his position.
Yeah, same here. I like it! Pretty sure it will end up in a Whine post, any day now! Usually happens with the things I like :x My situation was being able to give defenders "Check Sixes" while in tower waiting for the few minutes on VH to pop. I know..."Up a fighter, you dweeb!" , but I just about refuse that option when the chances of getting up are LIKE 0. I can help out by directing traffic a whole lot more than giving up pointless deaths(on my side any way).  Keeps the vultures from helping their scores :devil Thanks for this HighTech! Oh, and ignore the hater's heathen prayers, so that I can help send them to the tower :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain