Author Topic: Optimal graphics settings for VR  (Read 3861 times)

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
Re: Optimal graphics settings for VR
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 11:26:12 AM »
Was really looking forwards to trying these settings out until I found that there was no ACESHIGH game selection to choose from in settings. Seems I am tethered to OCULUS which would account to why I have to change my gun sights every update to what they were before. Happy thoughts :old:
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »
There should still be a folder with aces high that all of your oculus stuff installs to. You just need to find where it is installed and add it to the apps in Nvidia 3d settings.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
gpcustom if you are saying you don't see it in the nvidia dropdown under "Program Settings"

you have to add it.

so just click add and then navigate to:

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\aceshighocr.exe

that's your default location for the oculus version.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 12:28:48 PM »
Was really looking forwards to trying these settings out until I found that there was no ACESHIGH game selection to choose from in settings. Seems I am tethered to OCULUS which would account to why I have to change my gun sights every update to what they were before. Happy thoughts :old:

You can download Aces High and install it by itself and it will still use Oculus for VR. The only difference is the update process which seems less onerous than replacing your gunsights.

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
Very cool gentlemen :old:
Sounds simple enough to give it a whirl :old: :aok
Thank you all for the insight and advice!!
see you in the world(bro06562)
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »
When I set Texture filtering Quality to High Quality, Texture filtering Trilinear optimization is on and it won't let me change it. EVGA 1080 08G-P4-6288-KR

:salute
Sik

Set the texture filtering to High Quality, then try to change the Trilinear Opt. to Off AFTER.

If this isn't working, do you have the latest Nvidia Driver? If not, which one do you have?
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 07:26:15 PM »
Set the texture filtering to High Quality, then try to change the Trilinear Opt. to Off AFTER.

If this isn't working, do you have the latest Nvidia Driver? If not, which one do you have?

If I set the texture filtering to High Quality it changes Trilinear opt. to on, and grays it out. Even if I set it to off before I set the texture filtering to High Quality. I'm using the latest driver. I updated it the same day I tried these settings. Right now I'm using these settings, with the exception of the trilinear opt. of course.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 03:59:55 AM »
Think that this is a "Global" setting off default. Once you change from DEFAULT on a few settings, it opens up further options that work with the selection you have set? Not sure, but some settings options sort of open new settings to adjust.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 08:23:35 AM »
If I set the texture filtering to High Quality it changes Trilinear opt. to on, and grays it out. Even if I set it to off before I set the texture filtering to High Quality. I'm using the latest driver. I updated it the same day I tried these settings. Right now I'm using these settings, with the exception of the trilinear opt. of course.

Sik

She me a screenshot when you get a chance of it being grayed out

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 09:15:53 AM »

Sik

Sik, just to confirm that you are in the Program Settings tab, adding aces high iii as the program to customize and not changing the Global Settings?
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 10:16:52 AM »

Sik, just to confirm that you are in the Program Settings tab, adding aces high iii as the program to customize and not changing the Global Settings?

Found the problem, and it was me.   :uhoh

Hyzer, that did the trick. Although it doesn't show up as aceshigh3 on my computer, but aceshighocr.

Thanks for the help everyone.  :cheers:

Sik

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »
Think the "ocr" version is the one through Oculus Library? Would be AcesHighDX11 for standard version. Think even steam has a version.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 03:40:47 AM »
what settings would be the best if we want high quality and not worried about performance ( 1080 here ) ?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2017, 09:16:23 AM »
The first post is for optimal VR.  :aok

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2017, 02:24:19 PM »
what settings would be the best if we want high quality and not worried about performance ( 1080 here ) ?

These aren't performance settings, they are for highest visual quality.  I too have a 1080 and less is more in the case of VR.

49Alpha