Author Topic: Wirbs are making me crazy  (Read 4822 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Wirbs are making me crazy
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 05:07:46 PM »
Thanks for the link Buster!

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 05:43:08 PM »
 :aok Thanks Bustr
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
The lead should be about twice as much as you see in there too. Drones fly around 200, most in the arena fly full/wep  so that is closer to 400.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 08:15:45 PM »
Which as, in the end, the effect of having to 'lead more' if your point of reference was the edge of the screen for example. I vaguely remember the first Ostwind tutorial I read back in 2005, which told you to keep the enemy at the edge of the screen at standard zoom.
With a changed default FOV in AH3, that would not work anmyore, you would have to lead more than that.

Also a good point to consider.  Thanks!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »
The square area framed by the osti and wirble gunsight is 180Mil wide. In the osti that makes for a good lead sight against drones out to 1200yds, I was just testing it. The gunnery terrain helps you alot to spawn up on the mesa and use the lead computing cross to see this. After that, your shooting becomes problematical and better against on coming or leaving flight profiles. The dispersion of the 37mm in the osti is your problem at longer ranges and why it always works better against bombers 1200-2500. And max range in the game is only 2700.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 07:46:34 AM »
Have you enabled the lead computing sight offline?     clipboard>options>arena setup>Environment>arena settings>double click on Flag mode>enable lead computing sight.

I see "FlightModeFlags" where lead computing sight can be enabled, but don't see the green crosshair when in a Wirb.  Is there something else I need to do?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 07:58:51 AM »
I see "FlightModeFlags" where lead computing sight can be enabled, but don't see the green crosshair when in a Wirb.  Is there something else I need to do?

After that you have to select the enemy you are shooting at with TAB.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 09:13:55 AM »
That works.   :salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 10:12:52 PM »
Nice sights Bustr.  Thanks!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 02:32:38 PM »
Have you enabled the lead computing sight offline?     clipboard>options>arena setup>Environment>arena settings>double click on Flag mode>enable lead computing sight.

I imagine the icon saying "MAX" and I can hit the plane from far off.    :D     The lead computing sight can give you a little indication of distance and lead of target.   It's easier to just plan the enemy's path of flight and start a stream and let the plane fly through it. 

one-eye

I did all that-except I didn't see anything flag mode or e l c s[[saw country flags and and other types of flags but no E L C S
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »
Nice sights Bustr.  Thanks!

Just remember to save that zip file somewhere or, if you ever loose the folder structure and files from the game, they are not the original wirbel and osti sights I created for AH3 to work with the LCG function offline.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »
Could be true.  I do have a shiny new rig with a 1070 card which presents the game in a whole new light.  My perception is that a lot more lead is required to achieve hit sprites.  Whatever the reality is, that’s my perception.  Thanks for the input!

set your max texture size to 1024 to see tracers and hit sprites better
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »

set your max texture size to 1024 to see tracers and hit sprites better

It’s already there. Thanks!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 04:11:46 PM »
I did all that-except I didn't see anything flag mode or e l c s[[saw country flags and and other types of flags but no E L C S
Lunatic,the settings for LCG are under OPTIONS>ENVIRONMENT>ARENA SETTINGS>FLIGHT MODE FLAGS>change>Lead COMPUTED SIGHT>OK>SAVE
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 04:31:05 PM »
I guess I'm just stupid. I can't figure it out thanks for trying.