Author Topic: Is VR good in this sim?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
Re: Is VR good in this sim?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »
Is VR a more immersing experience than a large monitor ?

Is it worth it?

I can now answer this question as I'm a fresh noob to VR in the game and was playing with TrackIR for the past 6 years. Getting everything setup did take a bit of time and there were moments when I thought I was going to lose my mind. I spent many hours reading this forum on graphics settings etc..

I can now say that VR was worth the money spent. So much so that I'm now motivated to actually build me some kind of a cockpit with an old race car seat I have in my garage. While I will agree with everyone that has said the graphics to do take a hit. I also agree that the improvements to depth perception and just overall game play completely makes up for it.

At first I was getting some headaches and it's taken a little bit of time to get use to the reticles, but once my eyes relaxed, it was quite an immersive experience.

I'd say go for it..

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »
Its just as in 2d mode! You can adjust head placement and f-10 to save it! Pretty sure most of us using VR use same button/views system with VR :salute Per your 51 rear view post
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:50:11 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 11:40:57 PM »
We overlapped a bit! Should have quoted then responded! Yes, it takes some getting use too, but I LOVE IT!
Just peruse my scores from before est.before Feb. 2017, with recent tours. Hit % way up! It has made the game more real..beyond even the improvement of TIR! I had Tir since 2013, and thought there couldnt be anything better :uhoh WRONG! lol I believed in TIR so much I outfitted whole squad! Wish i could do same with VR! A wee bit lower on price and HECK yeah! Any questions just ask, GERM. We both fly Bish and I am on most days! Welcome aboard :rock Believe you fly with Sick Puppies, or is it PurpleHearts, dang Wild Turkey lol If sick pups, elec knows what I mean about loving TIR, just ask him :x   Any questions can be answered as Kanth,Randy1 and myself...just too name a few, have been with VR for about a year. Some a bit longer, too. Best thing about this game, ALWAYS someone able and willing to help! YES, that includes even COPRHEAD, A dear friend I came to respect back in the testing phase of AH3!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:00:56 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain