Author Topic: Game wont install unknown publisher message  (Read 482 times)

Offline SimJim

• Zinc Member
Game wont install unknown publisher message
« on: October 14, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
Just attempted to Dl AH lll on PC and after DL I get a message that says unknown publisher and I cant install.
any hints?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Game wont install unknown publisher message
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
The Unknown Publisher message should still allow you to open/run the .exe, can you port a screenshot of the message (using snip tool+imgur or something)? Maybe an antivirus is interfering?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 03:41:54 AM »
Anti-virus or the browser itself. I've noticed that at least Chrome has become very protective. The bypass button can be challenging to find but it is there.

Also, you should be able to run the installer in the folder where it's saved instead of trying to run it in the browser.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 03:43:58 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 05:56:01 AM »
You should not be getting the "unknown publisher" error.  All our executable downloads are signed.

Something is either interfering with the game (anti-xxxx or some type of security program) or your browser got hijacked and downloaded something else instead of the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com