Author Topic: New Sounds  (Read 2817 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
New Sounds
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:42:48 PM »
 Are any new custom sounds in the works.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: New Sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:10:25 AM by Skuzzy »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:54:43 PM »
I'm curious if the new sound system has been figured out yet for custom sounds. I've read info on people talking about the events that call perticular sounds but nothing clear on anyone having a working custom soundpack.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:24:19 PM »
I'm curious if the new sound system has been figured out yet for custom sounds. I've read info on people talking about the events that call perticular sounds but nothing clear on anyone having a working custom soundpack.

I believe Challanger worked out how to do it. I think he even did some sounds, but ran into a problem, maybe something to do with direction, don't really remember. He was the only one I know that was really working on them.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »
I have this on my 'to do' list.  My second last item was update the Aircraft and Vehicles Service Dates (check and done).  Last was "setup Rift for AH3".  Done.

So, I'll see about checking out the software and examine how the engine works and what kind of sound files are required. But, like all things, it'll take time.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 01:03:48 AM »
I just finished recording all of the guns in the game. All brand new recordings just waiting to go. I'm leaving tomorrow for Le Mans, and then on to Bovington. I will have four teams collecting audio at Tankfest.

Unfortunately, I will be in the Philippines at the time of Oshkosh, so aircraft are going to take longer.

There isn't any problem with making sounds. It does take a lot of time and of course, you have to have the sounds to work with.

I did a short recording in the early days. It needs to be updated, but the same approach I outlined will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV_7V3FkpIg
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:09:01 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 01:58:47 AM »
The timing wasn't just great for Bovington this year. There was quite a bit said about the Jagdpanther visiting this year, but it was having issues with steering (so it was said at least). Other tanks that I needed sounds from just didn't run, also. So, still need more trips.

Airplanes have many, many gaps as well. I do not see any way that I can continue to travel and collect sounds. It's just hitting too hard right now.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 06:18:59 PM »
The timing wasn't just great for Bovington this year. There was quite a bit said about the Jagdpanther visiting this year, but it was having issues with steering (so it was said at least). Other tanks that I needed sounds from just didn't run, also. So, still need more trips.

Airplanes have many, many gaps as well. I do not see any way that I can continue to travel and collect sounds. It's just hitting too hard right now.

I'm sorry to hear, but bills come first. Will AHIII allow for modding the sounds of specific planes and such like AHII did?

Would you be cumfortible producing a "guns sounf mod" for now with what you have?

And lastly, consider opening up a croud funding project, I know we do not have loads of pilots in game but perhaps you might raise some money through it to get a few trips out of it down the road for the project. Maybe also provide the sounds to other interested parties.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »
If you go over to https://pole.se/ you can cycle through the banner images and that will give you an idea of what is needed to do this right. Going to airshows and recording aircraft in flight is one thing, but . . .

Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist. I have one acquaintance that is willing to help, but it is still going to take a lot of time and, yes, money.

I'll consider this more in depth once I get back from Davao.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
If you go over to https://pole.se/ you can cycle through the banner images and that will give you an idea of what is needed to do this right. Going to airshows and recording aircraft in flight is one thing, but . . .

Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist. I have one acquaintance that is willing to help, but it is still going to take a lot of time and, yes, money.

I'll consider this more in depth once I get back from Davao.

$450.00 just for the sound of a 109?!
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »
Btw pole.se is where we got many of our sound effects.

HiTech

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »
Btw pole.se is where we got many of our sound effects.

HiTech

I hate to see what you pay for them.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »
Just imagine how much that company had to pay to lease the aircraft long enough to record the sounds, plus equipment, plus recordist rates. $450 is cheap.

I'm not going to double up on work HTC has already done, but . . .

I had an event that prevented my leaving, so everything is delayed at the moment.