Author Topic: Chat window?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
Chat window?
« on: October 23, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »
I searched and I'm sure this is an easy answer..

My chat window has disappeared in VR. I put it down low, near where my knees would be. It's not there anymore and I can't seem to figure out how to bring it back up.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Chat window?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
I searched and I'm sure this is an easy answer..

My chat window has disappeared in VR. I put it down low, near where my knees would be. It's not there anymore and I can't seem to figure out how to bring it back up.

Go to GUI setting and mess with the sphere size slider.  Also, slide the text bar visibility slider so the box darkens.  This makes it easier to find and slide the boxes around.  After you get them set then put the shading slider where you like it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »
Look straight up, while in tower,and as Randy said"sliders to Dark". If is where mine ends up...its along one of the Roof Trusses. You will need to run cursor over the area to have it really show up though :uhoh  Looks like a shadow until you run across it :frown: Its ended up there EVERY time i have this problem :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:06:41 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 04:27:40 PM »
yeah look straight up and it may be minimized to a single bar, drag it to where you want and expand it
 also I have noticed I fly better with out as I am not trying to watch it

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:12:23 PM »
worst case you can't find it, go to your aces high settings files possibly located at

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\settings

and delete the VR_filters.cfg file

which will put that window back to it's default and you'll see it next time you log in.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »
Yep, it was above my head. I had been seeing it while flying, but thought it was part of the canopy lol..

Thanks guys..

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 10:56:25 PM »
 :aok No problem,Sir
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 12:24:59 AM »
Look straight up, while in tower,and as Randy said"sliders to Dark". If is where mine ends up...its along one of the Roof Trusses. You will need to run cursor over the area to have it really show up though :uhoh  Looks like a shadow until you run across it :frown: Its ended up there EVERY time i have this problem :cheers:

Mine randomly goes back up there sometimes when I tab out to windows and back. Very annoying. Anyone know why/how to prevent it?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 04:05:30 PM »
I have a theory. I sometimes have music open in another window, when I tab out of AH to change the song...and tab back into AH...I will click on "Hanger" and music will pause :headscratch: If however I tab out the same but to get back into AH,I click on the toolbaricon(not sure but its the "Open window" tabs along bottom of screen...this doesnt happen. So, maybe tabing out of AH cause some errant clicking on things in AH?  :uhoh

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »
You mean reenter ah by clicking on the tab vs using the tab button? I'll try that

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 11:44:59 PM »
You mean reenter ah by clicking on the tab vs using the tab button? I'll try that
:uhoh Thats exactly what I...uh,meant. Couldnt find the words for some reason :confused: