Author Topic: Enter button  (Read 2019 times)

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
Enter button
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:04:39 AM »
When I get in a good fight, sometimes I will accidentally hit the chat button and the screen will pop up.  I then need to look down by my nose to find the enter key and make it disappear which is both annoying and very dangerous if you are in a tight fight.  Is there anyway to map the enter key on to the hotas ???

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
Re: Enter button
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 05:44:16 AM »
There are several programs that can do that
I use VoiceAttack(can do button presses as well as voice commands). I have all my buttons for my warthog hotas programed with it. It is easy to use and better than the Thrustmaster target program.

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 11:56:17 AM »
There are several programs that can do that
I use VoiceAttack(can do button presses as well as voice commands). I have all my buttons for my warthog hotas programed with it. It is easy to use and better than the Thrustmaster target program.

Very stupid VA question to follow.  When talking to VA do you have to press a button to talk to it, or does it just listen all the time?
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
push to talk. It is very  programmable, to preference. Frre version is like 24 actions? You will need to train windows to recognize you Speech, in Windows...it helps VA adapt quicker. Its not a very long process, and is worth the time to do it right :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
Updating this thread to say thanks for the help, finally got some time this weekend to sit down and give it a go.  Once I understood what to do I now have 6 or so commands set up with a button on my throttle for the push to talk.  All really easy stuff so far and some just duplicate what is already on my HOTAS.  What else do yall have programmed that is beyond just a button push?
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
Do you really wish an enter button, or close radio button?

HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
A close Radio button would be nice :uhoh I sometimes open Radio to see who is on(my squad) or in same area. Really though enter works just fine., for me, but I am not the OP. I have all my game windows spread out and in areas I dont need to see during a fight. I do however usually end up seeing the windows open,AFTER a hectic situation. Once Radio text buffer loses the flashing place marker,what ever its called, you have to look at text area and click it, to be able for enter to close window:bolt:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:15:30 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »
+1 on the close radio button.  It would help hitech.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 05:06:23 PM »
+1 on the close radio button.  It would help hitech.

What would it help hitech with?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
Do you really wish an enter button, or close radio button?

HiTech

With an Enter button you can send a message and close the radio or close the empty radio buffer.

I assume a Close Radio button would not send a message.

Push the Enter button 3 times to bail.  :D

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 04:05:28 AM »
Probably, Not a thing! Didnt realize that Ideas had to help him! EH, its hard to read what you mean by that question. Its just an idea/question thing. Think it was an PUNCTUATION issue! It would help him...Instead of It would help, Hightech. Sarcasm...not a wasted effort, with me at least :neener:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:07:59 AM by 1stpar3 »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 10:36:23 AM »

I suppose coding a "Close Radio" button to be assigned to any desired button is a simple task for a single function. Plain "Enter" might be as easy to code, but as has been told it has many different functions depending on where your cursor is and which screens you have active.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 03:13:05 PM »
 :aok Could become the VR version of ALT F4 :rofl

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 02:03:58 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but being able to map the "enter" button would be nice both in VR and out.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills