Author Topic: Oculus Rift buying questions  (Read 610 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Oculus Rift buying questions
« on: October 30, 2017, 12:25:48 PM »
I've tried to keep up but now I've decided to take the plunge I need some buying advice.

I think I read that the latest version of the Rift requires a single USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0. Is that right?

I like Amazon, but unusual for them, they have very limited information IMO on the requirements and features of their $399 package with the controllers.

I can go down the street to Best Buy, read the box and plug it in tonight. The price is supposed to be the same for the same product. Sometimes that isn't true, so my second question is, what should I be looking for to make sure I have the best/latest version of the Rift? My fear is that they might carry a less capable model.

Any help is appreciated.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Oculus Rift buying questions
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 01:13:38 PM »
two usb 3.0 ports are required.
https://support.oculus.com/1798990480336565/

To my knowledge there is only one manufacturers release of a non development headset (CV1) no matter the reseller they are all the same.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:18:56 PM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »
The $399 model is for two hand controllers, the rift headset, and two sensors (if memory services me correct).  It'll contain everything you need to get started. Do you wear glasses regularly?  There's a kit you can buy for eye glasses to wear them inside the rift (Gman?)

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 09:04:03 PM »
Thanks. I guess it's time to head for the store in the morning.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001