Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14583 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 05:10:32 PM »
I don't get on as much as I used too, but saying you can't get kills, or can't maintain a decent K/D, or are outmatched in the arena flying a High ENY plane (which would only effect you if you ALSO had high numbers) is a lame argument:

Model Type           Kills In     Kills of         Killed By    Died In
Ki-61-I-Tei               54           0                   0             11

Half of those were ground kills because I use the plane as close air support, so I'm staying 10K and below in an engagement as well.

A2A Kills I had 5 LA7's, and 4 Spixteens being my top A2A victories.  By your logic, I should never have even had a chance against those rides...  So what exactly does ENY do, except either force you to fly a different plane, or switch sides?  It seems to me that it's functioning exactly as intended.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 05:25:33 PM »
Looking at your stats, it's 90% GV's anyways --  I'm not sure how big a difference a T34/76 vs a T34/85 is going to effect the balance of the game and your ability to camp hangars.   :devil

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »
I saw in another thread that what's killing the game is the fact that it doesn't include every plane ever made or conceived of from WW2, and doesn't have pretty graphics and planes that all fly the same. So which thread am I supposed to believe?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 05:37:49 PM »
Really, people, we need to elect an official doomsayer.  Too many voices are diluting the message that the game is doomed for reasons.  The resupply cabal might be a good choice, which is pretty closely tied to the "too many GVs are killing the game" group.  ENY has been killing the game since it was introduced apparently so it has the long-running factor.  The collision model is another long running contender as well.

Most other gripes are flashes in the pan.  Sure, they've gotten a couple long threads devoted to them but generally speaking they just don't have the legs of the bigger ones.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 05:49:35 PM »
I heard it was Mods selectively enforcing chan mutes.  :noid

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »
In my case ENY has not been a deterrent.  I usually fly Bish and most of the time in the AM when I have the time.  So loving P47s as I do, and I must say I fly the M Model at lot at nite to catch runners.  From the D11 to the D40 they are pretty much the same.  Of all the models I like the D11 the most.  Problem is unless you can get speed in a dive those who don't have eny are using P51s and faster planes that the D11 can't catch.  Just use it as it was meant to be used.  Don't ask it to do something it can't do, ask it to do something it does well.  That goes for anything you chose to fly.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 06:25:26 PM »
I landed a bunch of kills tonite, and my lowest eny plane was the 110G2. I landed kills in the Hurri1, the 109G2, the 110c4, and the 109G14. I had a blast. I saw P40s, and c202s tonite. It was a blast.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 06:35:02 PM »
I landed a bunch of kills tonite

You're killing AH!  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2017, 06:49:48 PM »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »
I have to agree with Kilroy on the low number end of things..... I personally don't get affected by eny with my choices however when the arena has the very low numbers of when I play ...we are talking 10 as the high numbered side it is a little retarded to my mind.... I don't care if I'm facing off ( yes I know that is a personal stand point) against a pony or P40 ... only difference is I have a better chance to face off against something if the pony is available...  Threshold numbers for ENY to kick in ??? but when you have a total of 30 players it is a bit on the nose... people just tower hop...or run Gv's...GV's are fine...but I'm a 80/20 guy I want to fight planes more....

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2017, 07:09:09 PM »
Nothing is more satisfying than killing an "uber" ride in a "lesser" ride.  Nothing.  Any chump can get kills in a uber ride!  It takes some actual pilot skill to be able to defeat an objectively superior plane with an inferior one.  Think of the uber ride pilot sitting all smug and comfy in that 1944-45 cockpit, sure of his dominance of the skies -- only to have that "oh sheet" moment when he hears the impact of your bullets and that final "Wait!  You can't kill me with that relic..." as he dies in flaming ignominy. 

If you are flying ENY 5.0 rides, you are missing out on half the fun.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2017, 07:27:49 PM »
You guys are missing the whole point of the OPs post.

He's asking for larger bombs for the FM2   :devil

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »
Since the introduction of ENY limiter the number of complaints about uneven numbers went down and are practically extinct. It was not like that in the past. ENY whines have replaced the population unbalance whines.

The issue with ENY is specific to the case of very low numbers that happen during east Asia/Australia evening (lack of players from that time zone). Indeed the situation can probably be improved. However, if you often suffer from ENY restrictions that bother you, it means that you should consider switching chess piece.

You can just as easily say, "Since numbers have gone down side imbalance complaints have gone down."

Without a regression-based statistical analysis you can't say it's merely because of ENY. 

I have noticed the ENY monster seems tame lately compared to six months back.  I have no idea why, but I'm happy about it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:41:16 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »
Kilroy, you may not have noticed this before, but this is a discussion board.  If folks don't agree with you they will express those contrary opinions.  It does not mean they don't like you, there is a difference of opinion.  In the future if you wish to express your ideas just to HiTech and do not wish to discuss it with other players, you might just want to try a simple PM to HiTech.

There is one fact that cannot be ignored.  You fly on the side that always has the numbers, and you have the ability to change that simply by changing counties.

With the numbers advantage you enjoy, I'm sure you and your squad can overcome then ENY limitation by working together with ENY planes that are constantly available and continue to roll the map, win the war, and being happy with that.
Well, totally understand the discussion idea. Not sure how it devolves into a you vs. me or "just switch countries to solve it." If I was stupid enough to promote my own agenda, I am pretty sure it would be over reduced subscription for my eminence, sponsored participation, or something else worthy of my presence and not chipping away at things like ENY. Obviously I would not care about country affiliation and go where the perks are fattest, or be like a pig who has learned to feed off his countries angst by kill counting away with a deuce against the early war hoard.

The game is dying and I look for solutions. I see noobs come and get consternated and about every fifth one stays, if that. I see the game stagnate with the AFK Rooks. I don't want to nurture them, or give them fields, I want HTC to eliminate the country and solve the problem. Barring that, let the maps roll faster and look less depressing. The same rule applies to switching to the winning country as does switching to the low ENY one. Do it if it suits you.

You keep replying how I need to change my attitude, well it's a discussion board and you can type whatever you want, it likely won't increase subscriptions, however. You keep replying how rewarding early war kills are, you need to convince the noobs not me. It seems like we were willing to endure the M3 madness, how did that work out.

This is a sound and valid argument and I have seen exactly one single reasoned statement that discusses the current system as to how it relates to subscriptions.

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2017, 07:54:02 AM »
Well it has just become a country thing, besides serving to kill off new recruits. They definitely don't want to have to go through the Bish learning curve, the lesson would be "how to excel when even God is against you." Right now in game Bish has a total of 29 online, 9 in flight. The ENY is 11.9. Knights have 32 on, 14 in flight and ENY is 7.3. Rooks have 14 on with 4 in flight.

So now it is coming to light that the ENY curve is indeed skewed against one country, the country that is uniquely identified as being the winningest and even with that objective, ENY FAILS. Knights have more players, more in flight, more fields and lower ENY, explain that.
 While we are on the subject, I would also like my tank rounds un-nerfed, thanks. I pay the same amount as all the lame yucks do that can only hope to get a shot off at me in here, as opposed to the MA. Yes I noticed that 4 HVAP in the radiator did not kill an M4.