Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14666 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2017, 10:44:59 AM »
Killroy, you mix stuff up and make no sense. The AH player population size is one thing, ENY locks is another. The former only really causes issues when the numbers are extremely low - this means that the vast majority of players are unaffected by this.

AH never had a sizeable population in east Asia prime time. If you suggest that that small fraction became even smaller because of ENY issues, then maybe there is something to discuss. The overall effect on the game and the rest of the player population is nil. If there is some critical issue with AH it is not ENY.

Being this is my prime time.... there is a marked population difference from a few years back... possibly 4 (Lusche would have a better grasp on time frame of this than me)....we used to get down to 80 odd at the quietest times....slowly that kept dropping and for the last year at least we get down into the 20's for an hour or so. compared to the US prime it is not so sizable I spose (80)...but there were way more options....things really change when the numbers get small....all the little inconveniences like ENY and the other complaints going on in the forums are magnified.....  having 5 tower sitters waiting for a possible win is a detriment...
These numbers are when it is between 7pm and 1am my time ... By 1am, America is waking up and the numbers start to go up...I think it is about 6/7 am somewhere over there. I feel all giddy when I get home early from work and catch the tail end of US Prime time.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2017, 10:51:05 AM »
when I logged on this morning about 9am central, there were 89 players on-nothing wrong with that and bish still had more players-

just checked Kilroy's stats from this last tour T34-85 1147 kills-wow I guess this game is dying-NOT

this past Friday night although FSO night over 200 players-rooks at 1 point had 88 players alone then the Knights was the lowest numbered country.
even after players went to FSO we still had around 100 players in the Melee arena.
maybe one should ask the players that only show up for FSO why they don't play in Melee more often instead of just special events.

we have more players now than 8 months ago.

no I don't think the game is dying.

but Really the only one that could tell us that is HiTech.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »
so up a 152 or a tempest or a typhoon, you don't have to have a rocket or jets to kill bombers-heck I have been at 25K and got chased down by P47-m's.
it may be killing your game because you can't shoot down bombers with a 163 but not being able to take up a certain plane is not killing the game.

I kill bombers all day long in P-51s...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »
when I logged on this morning about 9am central, there were 89 players on-nothing wrong with that and bish still had more players-

just checked Kilroy's stats from this last tour T34-85 1147 kills-wow I guess this game is dying-NOT

this past Friday night although FSO night over 200 players-rooks at 1 point had 88 players alone then the Knights was the lowest numbered country.
even after players went to FSO we still had around 100 players in the Melee arena.
maybe one should ask the players that only show up for FSO why they don't play in Melee more often instead of just special events.

we have more players now than 8 months ago.

no I don't think the game is dying.

but Really the only one that could tell us that is HiTech.
I'm unranked in Buffs currently...ranked 358...in the past that number has been over 1300....so you can't say the game isn't declining.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2017, 11:09:26 AM »
I think eny restrictions could better be used to control base capture resources.  An example would be if a country has the lowest number of players,  the strats  rebuild much faster or the ords and auto ak down times are restricted.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »
I think eny restrictions could better be used to control base capture resources.  An example would be if a country has the lowest number of players,  the strats  rebuild much faster or the ords and auto ak down times are restricted.

You might as well scrub ENY alltogether, because that would affect only players really playing the war game. Many ain't. Who cares if my team captures a base as long as I can whack outnumbered victims in my Tempest?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2017, 01:18:41 PM »
I'm unranked in Buffs currently...ranked 358...in the past that number has been over 1300....so you can't say the game isn't declining.

The month is young.  Last month I did not fly bombers and was ranked 1350.  How do explain that?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2017, 01:37:36 PM »
I protest you mentioning the mosquito and the TBM as equal alternatives.  :old:

What is missing from that list is the forgotten plane of AH - the best unused fighter.
La5FN

I thought about including the La-5FN, but want it to remain under the radar.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »

You might as well scrub ENY alltogether, because that would affect only players really playing the war game.  ...

That is the whole point.  ENY plane restrictions angers people.  It's only real function is to slow a horde map win by restricting planes.  Let the air guys have the planes they want maybe only cutting off perk planes.

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
Do the bish ever stop whining?
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »
I protest you mentioning the mosquito and the TBM as equal alternatives.  :old:

What is missing from that list is the forgotten plane of AH - the best unused fighter.
La5FN

I'd have to agree that the 109g2 and la5 are the 2 best under rated high eny fighters. Absolutely great planes for furballing.

My only gripe about ENY is that the 190D either needs to get perked or moved to 5 eny to reduce the usage. This would reduce the running crowd and get people in planes that arent so easy to just hit X and run away. The 190D has the most kills with the highest Eny and K/D of the non perked fighters. Those #s do actually mean something. IMO perking or reducing the 190D would go a long way to create a better fighting atmosphere in the MA. To many run away super fast fighters is not good overall for the arena. A person who really understands E fighting should never die in a 190D. It's one of the best fighters for the game because of it's speed and accel.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:29:49 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »
That is the whole point.  ENY plane restrictions angers people. 

No ENY restrictions anger people, too.

It's just like with the collision model. You see only complaints about ti. That neither makes it wrong, nor does it mean it's not going to be an ocean of complaints when it would be changed ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:42:55 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2017, 06:38:26 PM »
I'd have to agree that the 109g2 and la5 are the 2 best under rated high eny fighters. Absolutely great planes for furballing.

My only gripe about ENY is that the 190D either needs to get perked or moved to 5 eny to reduce the usage. This would reduce the running crowd and get people in planes that arent so easy to just hit X and run away. The 190D has the most kills with the highest Eny and K/D of the non perked fighters. Those #s do actually mean something. IMO perking or reducing the 190D would go a long way to create a better fighting atmosphere in the MA. To many run away super fast fighters is not good overall for the arena. A person who really understands E fighting should never die in a 190D. It's one of the best fighters for the game because of it's speed and accel.

Agreed. The dora is 2nd only to the 51 in total kills for fighters. Higher than the spi16 and la7. How can they justify not having it eny 5?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2017, 02:50:50 AM »
I like the way this thread turned into bash the 190D!

I am on-board   +1   

190D ENY 5 no perk ty!!      :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2017, 03:03:18 AM »
Killroy, you mix stuff up and make no sense. The AH player population size is one thing, ENY locks is another. The former only really causes issues when the numbers are extremely low - this means that the vast majority of players are unaffected by this.

We are largely in agreement, in that I am specifically referring to the low population time slot.

AH never had a sizeable population in east Asia prime time. If you suggest that that small fraction became even smaller because of ENY issues, then maybe there is something to discuss. The overall effect on the game and the rest of the player population is nil. If there is some critical issue with AH it is not ENY.
I think it's important to view this time slot more as an indicator of AH health, as a heart rate monitor, than as an East Asian demographic, no offense intended to the any members. This is my perspective: that fraction got smaller for whatever reason; attrition, senility, epiphany, eny, etc. Now, currently, that fraction is not growing, it is smaller that any time I have ever seen it playing AH and I know, for sure, that he current playing environment discourages newcomers in my country.

There is very little chance to excel. There is very little opportunity to feel validated, unless you join some sort of swarm of FM-2's. How can a new player feel good fighting against superior weapons. Don't give me some esoteric, soul building answer; are subscriptions sold on the basis of offering people an opportunity to improve their personalities?

This time slot, as a heart rate monitor, is a critical indicator. All the rest of you come on, it's a good fight, tank town and all and you never realize, for the first time in decades, the place was a ghost town before you joined. It's scary. That is why I say, let the maps roll. Who cares what Bish does when none of you are on. Turn ENY off when there are fewer that 40 people, we'll take it from there.

ENY is a personal problem to you during the low number times. We get it, you dont like being restricted by ENY. Removing ENY on the other hand isnt going to bring the numbers up.

How can you know what I prefer, or what I consider to be a personal problem? That is right, you can't, but you can go ahead and type like you can which leads to the validity of everything else that clatters off your keyboard. Implying the entire forum is your ally does not salvage your credibility and making an unsupported statement as to the effects of ENY removal proves you don't care.

I'd be gone if I only got to fly early US time.

This is a message we need to read over and over and over until the meaning of it sinks in.

It is obvious that the ENY system isnt "punishing" players enough for being on the side with the greatest numbers. So what must be done is killing the chess piece loyalty, for ex by assigning a player to the side with the lowest number when he log in.

It is obvious that you sir, are at a far different level in the game from me, in that you don't even recognize such levels. If I played as rarely as you, I probably would not care what country I flew in either. Popeye44 is my friend. I like talking to him, I like defending with him and he as a player is just one example of my Bish friends. If I had started Rook or Knight I would have the same affiliations in those countries. I look forward to seeing my friends and to meeting new ones.
 You start scrambling this around like Counterstrike and I'm done. Ha, you all thought I had low self esteem problems and only came here to cure it by killing in droves - wrong!

But ENY isn't really the problem, the problem is that the player base has imploded, there are almost no European players left in the game and those who are plays pretty much only on weekends when the numbers are a bit higher. I also left because of this, there is simply no longer worth paying $15/month to play online since there isnt anyone to fight anymore. The game is great but it doesnt help if there isnt any players. The inflow of new players are so low that when they show up they are immediately seen as spies/shades etc...

We are in exact agreement here except for one glaring point: ENY is the problem. Take it away when numbers are low and numbers start to grow.

I would argue ENY is the ONLY thing off hours keeping the Bish in check.   Otherwise the map will be won in no time at all and arena resets REALLY do trigger whoever was still logged in to go to bed. 

You are very conscious of a need to keep Bish in check. You fly Rook, you fly Knight, but in all the years, I've only ever seen you visit the Bish country briefly. Like System, like Makayla. Some, like Capera, never visit Bish. I used to think you hated the country, as illogical as that would force you to be in my mind. Later I decided that you guys decided that HTC wasn't doing enough to make the game fair or fun or whatever you perceived the game needed - and so you set about doing it yourselves - am I close?
 That is why I am thinking an idea to improve the game, that does not include slamming the Bish, will not go over so well with you. It does not mean the idea is invalid, it means you are unable to consider it.

Yes, I want all those holders on, the bitter, angry, defeated Bish haters to log. I want the old stuck maps to roll and get a new game and new feelings started.

For years Bish have used the excuse of getting double teamed in prime time a legitimate reason for their OTT horde mentality when the arena is quiet to grab/extend whatever war situation they have.
You make it very difficult to converse respectably when you make such conversational gaffs. The rumors about your mother's basement seem more credible reading this stuff. You do realize that "Bish" refers to the Bishop nation, which represents a loosely defined group of otherwise completely unassociated individuals? To say that "Bish have used the excuse," is to be, in virtual terms, racist. Shall I replace the word "Bish" in your sentence with the name for any racially charged interest group, so that it makes sense to you? You probably don't know why being racist is bad, which leads to the fact that you don't know that what you write is meaningless.

The rest of your post is more back slapping self aggrandization, which I won't even bother picking apart. I can't teach you how to express yourself in a responsible way, best stick to doing it with your guns, fewer chances of making a faux pas that way.