Author Topic: aceshigh(9 or 11).exe is not responding....  (Read 963 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
aceshigh(9 or 11).exe is not responding....
« on: November 03, 2017, 01:20:10 PM »
Last night AH3 locked up when I was on the runway and on TeamSpeak.  I closed it down with Task Manager, rebooted, and got a white window with the little spinning circle, shut AH3 down using task manager, got the little window that says "aceshigh11.exe is not responding".  Same result with multiple tries running dx9 or dx11 versions.

I tried uninstalling AH3, downloaded, and installed a fresh copy and again get the same result.  Any help is appreciated, thanks!

DxDiag file attached.

-DaddyAce

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: aceshigh(9 or 11).exe is not responding....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 01:26:42 PM »
I assume you turned off the computer and back on again as well?

You are not seeing the clipboard at all, in either the DX9 or DX11 versions?

Did your computer happen to get the latest creator update for Windows 10?

Does any other DirectX game work?

I assume when you said you uninstalled the game, you used the game uninstaller?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »
Wow, thanks for the fast reply Skuzzy!

Multiple reboots, but we just tried rebooting after the reinstall, that seemed to fix it.

For the record, the game did not apparently load far enough to get to clipboard, and would almost immediately just go to a big blank window with something about ace high (no other useful info) in top left corner, and the little spinning circle.

I had to roll back the Creator's update; it made my puter too unstable to be useful for anything.

No other DirectX game on this puter, but did try running the AH film viewer, that would not complete loading either.

I did use the game uninstaller.

Long term, I've been having an occasional stability issue(about once/week), and thinking the next step need to reinstall Win 10 from scratch.

Summary, it's looking good for now, will try adding back my settings, films and skin folder, and hopefully will be back in business for FSO and Rabaul.  Will report back if things break again; always appreciate any suggestions you have.

Thanks again Skuzzy!

-DaddyAce

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »
If you haven't disabled Fast Startup, press Shift while clicking Shutdown. That will make Windows start from scratch instead of using potentially corrupted settings.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 05:04:11 PM »
If you haven't disabled Fast Startup, press Shift while clicking Shutdown. That will make Windows start from scratch instead of using potentially corrupted settings.

Okay, just turned off "Fast Startup".  This may help with with some things I've observed with my occasional system lockups.  Thank you Bizman!    :salute

For those of you who like me, wish to know more about pros & cons of Fast Startup, here's a link I found instructive: 
https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

General update, ran MSI AB, TeamSpeak, TrackIR, & AH3 Dx11, flew a fun, action-packed online sortie, all seems to working well now.      :airplane:

-DaddyAce

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:06:11 PM by DaddyAce »

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
Okay, just turned off "Fast Startup".  This may help with with some things I've observed with my occasional system lockups.  Thank you Bizman!    :salute

For those of you who like me, wish to know more about pros & cons of Fast Startup, here's a link I found instructive: 
https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

General update, ran MSI AB, TeamSpeak, TrackIR, & AH3 Dx11, flew a fun, action-packed online sortie, all seems to working well now.      :airplane:

-DaddyAce

Thanks for the link, DaddyAce!

I wasn't having any issues but I didn't know about that 1. I have all this disabled in my box's UEFI but wasn't aware of this setting in Win 10...........

It's disabled now!

:aok

Thanks again!

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 11:27:43 AM »
Turning off Fast Start seemed to only have a detectable, but trivial effect on startup time on my system; worth it methinks.

You're welcome Pudgie, am glad if I can help!   :salute