Author Topic: Vox not working  (Read 870 times)

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
Vox not working
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
Love the Occulus all works good, thanks for all the settings recommendations!
BUT my microphone is not working in game. Any suggestions, or recommendations?

Offline BMW2016

• Zinc Member
Re: Vox not working
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »
Using the Occulus rift headset with windows 10, FTC 1080 graphics card

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:18:35 AM »
Check your Vox settings, especially the Microphone. It seems to easily change to another device and some of them can even have confusing names.

If the device is right, check the gain setting. Put the volume at max and check the "Allow AH to control the gain" or something like that.

At least those are the main culprits on the screen version.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 04:47:54 PM »
Also, make sure you have it set as default recording device in windows. I think that was it, that and default playback device. I still have the volume change now and then, believe it is due to the Auto Mode change AH has with Oculus. Take headset off and it reverts to standard AH,monitor version.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 01:28:52 PM »
In Aces High clipboard /options / voice  set the slider to max and turn boost on.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »
I don't have mine set as the default recording device in Win7. That doesn't work for me. Once you have everything configured in Windows and the game and it's still not working, try this.

Since the headset's sound system plugs into a USB port, try moving the cable among your USB ports until you get it working. Something to do with not having it on the same 'hub' as the sensors.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 11:28:21 PM »
I don't have mine set as the default recording device in Win7. That doesn't work for me. Once you have everything configured in Windows and the game and it's still not working, try this.

Since the headset's sound system plugs into a USB port, try moving the cable among your USB ports until you get it working. Something to do with not having it on the same 'hub' as the sensors.

I’ve got my headset cables in 3.0 ports on the back of the computer and the two sensors plugged into a powered 3.0 hub.  The microphone has operated without issue from day one.

All gave some, Some gave all