Author Topic: Black Friday Ocullus Rift deal  (Read 879 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Black Friday Ocullus Rift deal
« on: November 25, 2017, 01:18:15 AM »
New Egg is offering the $400.xx pacakage at $349.99 through Sunday. Best Buy and Microcenter had the same deal listed for Black Friday but I don't know if it will last into Sunday. Call your local store to find out.

Google the Model #301-00095-01
With 2 Sensors and the controllers.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Black Friday Ocullus Rift deal
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 01:51:41 AM »
 It is a great product and really fun in car racing games.  In Aces High you need to take a step back and use hat switches to control your views behind the 3 - 9 line.  My personal experience is if you buy this for AH and you come from a TrackIR background you will hate it.  Once they sort out a way to deliver peripheral vision it will be the gaming platform of the future.

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 11:29:37 AM »
It is a great product and really fun in car racing games.  In Aces High you need to take a step back and use hat switches to control your views behind the 3 - 9 line.  My personal experience is if you buy this for AH and you come from a TrackIR background you will hate it.  Once they sort out a way to deliver peripheral vision it will be the gaming platform of the future.

I have to disagree, at least from my own personal experience. I used TrackIR for 6 years in AH. I can see my 3-9 line just fine, from the pilots point of view, but just like a real pilot, you have to twist your neck to do so I've had zero problem turning my head to see what's behind me. It's quite an immersive experience actually, far more fun than playing with a 2D screen and trackIR. I will admit though that as a pony pilot, I've found myself flying the bravo model more than the delta model because it's easier to see behind. But I've also been flying a lot more planes now that I have VR. I'm starting to really like the Spit 8 and KI61.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
RL pilot's eyeballs are not glued to his head.............. fyi

I am not sold on Windows 10 yet, so there goes my only reservation.  When my system comes to that end, where Windows 10 or better is necessary, then VR will be the next step for me.

Correct me if I am wrong about the needed upgrade to Windows 10 in order to use Ocullus Rift.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 10:24:21 PM »
I think you only need DX11 to run VR

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 05:49:59 AM »
You only need Windows 10 if you want to use any of the recently released AR Headsets.  Windows 7 supports both the Rift and the Vive.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »

I came from a Trackir to VR.  Like Fess posted, it was not an easy transition.  Trackir is superior in looking around and tracking but that is where the disadvantage ends.  VR whens the race over trackir once you get used to the hat switch again.