Author Topic: VR screen shots or Video  (Read 1674 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
VR screen shots or Video
« on: November 12, 2017, 08:41:36 PM »
I'm thinking on picking up the rift VR headset but I'm just curious to see what it actually looks like before I go out and spend the money on it, is there any way anyone can post screenshots or possibly a video of what it actually looks like. Thanks in advance.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: VR screen shots or Video
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:46:20 AM »
Problem is I don't think there's a way to "see" it that way other than through a Rift or other vr device. It's kind of a different animal view wise. I could be mistaken.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:12:30 AM »
here's some video with the rift, frame 2 of FSO.

realize that sometimes i lean really close to the windows to look out for stuff so don't think your face will be pushed up against the glass all the time. :) I'm just blind...hehehehe  Also, some not safe for work language...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2s-ay72bA&t=31s

also i get my butt kicked just ignore that part.  :D
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:59:02 AM »
There is no way to show what it actually looks like when it's on your head, the video of the rift in use is represented on the monitor, NOT the lenses of the Rift.  Pointing a camera at the Rift lenses may sorta/kinda give an idea, but not really IMO.  Best option is go to BestBuy or whatever in the USA that sells them, they often have a demo unit out for trials.  Do that.  The graphics/clarity/etc do take a hit, a big one some may argue (me), but the trade off for the experience is well worth it - for most players, and for most games. 

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »

realize that sometimes i lean really close to the windows to look out for stuff so don't think your face will be pushed up against the glass all the time. :) I'm just blind...hehehehe  Also, some not safe for work language...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2s-ay72bA&t=31s

also i get my butt kicked just ignore that part.  :D

LOL kanth you potty mouth - pretty sure that was me and rud3boi you were fighting :)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »
You certainly won't understand the feeling of being IN the plane that you get when using the rift , from watching a video of game play.

For that, put a paper bag on your head and cut out an elongated eye hole and walk around your house..
that won't do it either but it'd be amusing.

You should probably just get the rift.  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 01:17:57 PM »
Yep that was you guys  :neener:

LOL kanth you potty mouth - pretty sure that was me and rud3boi you were fighting :)

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »

How are you recording this video?

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 04:20:41 PM »

I'm using OBS (https://obsproject.com/) to record the Oculus mirror which should be located something like:
"C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusMirror.exe" and i'm capturing it by window name which means it doesn't have to be the window that is on top to be recorded.

How are you recording this video?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »
I've had some luck viewing the 3D SBS video recorded by others via the Gear VR headset with my samsung phone. I use cardboard to view youtube stuff like that. Only problem is when people put a picture-in-picture of themselves or their face/reaction/webcam, it throws off the 3d view. Also you're "locked" into the views recorded instead of viewing freely, but that's mostly understandable.

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »
I'm thinking on picking up the rift VR headset but I'm just curious to see what it actually looks like before I go out and spend the money on it, is there any way anyone can post screenshots or possibly a video of what it actually looks like. Thanks in advance.

Screen shots or video's are not going to a capture the experience of VR. You literally feel like you are sitting in the plane. Everything goes from 2D to 3D. The most immediate thing you will notice though is the graphics become a bit "blurry" and not as crisp as 2D on your monitor. However, for me, that did not cause the experience to be any less amazing. Since getting my VR, I haven't flown without it once.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »
If it were just graphics, i would say don't buy VR because you will be disappointed but the visual scale and 3-D effects makes it well worth the money.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »
Randy1.  +1
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 02:10:42 PM »
I keep wanting to put my feet up on the desk in the tower or lean against stuff I see in the Oculus Home lol
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
I keep wanting to put my feet up on the desk in the tower or lean against stuff I see in the Oculus Home lol

Odd things you might experience...
 - picking up a glass to have a drink and setting down kind of where you see a desk on screen (and then there is nothing there)
 - in Elite Dangerous the pilots arms/hands are shown in game with a set of very saitek looking HOTAS controllers, if you move your hand off the control then look down without thinking about it you get a weird feeling when the ingame arm doesn't follow your own