Author Topic: What is Vehicle quadrant??  (Read 21377 times)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
What is Vehicle quadrant??
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
What is vehicle quadrant option I now see on the map?
Todd

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: What is Vehicle quadrant??
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »
The enemy vehicle will cause that to show up if it is within 6000 and inside of that arc. Anything you drive, sail, or fly will generate this if a tank is 6000 or closer. You can turn it off by right clicking on the map and its called vehicle quadrants.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:44:29 PM »
Note that planes can use this, which should make it pretty easy for them to find GVs, by an order of magnitude.  (sigh).  I already had little problem finding them with the old version (fly back and forth at treetop level in my Yak 3). 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:47:06 PM by TDeacon »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »
No more hiding m3s :neener:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »
Just hope it's not another step toward too much instantly convenient information having the effect of removing the effort.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 07:10:35 PM »
No more hiding m3s :neener:

2 days ago I hid from Slippy for almost an hour in an M3, wasn't hard to do because of all the trees to hide in..........wow 1 day later and we have radar for GV's. I do not really see this as an improvement for game play, just another step in the direction of arcade mode......surprises me thyy have not done this with planes flying in the radar voids.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:26:58 PM by Dundee »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »
Tried it, was totally easy to locate a GV in the tank center of Oceania. A few circles while just watching the clipboard; and only had to actually look for the (well hidden) tank for the last few yards.
When in a GV, it's also providing way more info than even with the old "listening for GV" of AH2, you can immediately sense any ambush long before you even come into firing range.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 07:19:30 PM »
Tried it, was totally easy to locate a GV in the tank center of Oceania. A few circles while just watching the clipboard; and only had to actually look for the (well hidden) tank for the last few yards.
When in a GV, it's also providing way more info than even with the old "listening for GV" of AH2, you can immediately sense any ambush long before you even come into firing range.

Haven't tried it yet. Probably will later tonight after dinner, but it doesn't sound real great in my opinion already..
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 08:00:28 PM »
I think this will all but kill tank town.........wtg
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:03:23 PM by Dundee »

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 12:07:26 AM »
I discovered its true use when more people got online... I dont like at all.. they are destroying the simulation part of the game... Sneaking bases is part if the fun.
Todd

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 02:46:39 AM »
I discovered its true use when more people got online... I dont like at all.. they are destroying the simulation part of the game... Sneaking bases is part if the fun.
Todd

I agree. This is basically a legal cheat. An assistant. Laziness. Sneaking is gone.

:salute

27th

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
Wow. I am wondering if you are the same guys that got the camp hangars buffed, wtg. Haven't even explored that one yet - look forward to it. Ever notice how warriors embrace defense? There'd be no war at all if it weren't for the Kilroy's.

Well I got to say that I just tried out the new quadrant dar and I LOVE IT. If this is what they are trading for supposedly nerfing my spawn camp, I'll take it. I got the better end of the deal. This game is so freaking arcade compared to real battle, learn chess if you can't handle the symbolism, jeez. There is a game where you have to witness grown men cry, yuk - you know, or lose of course. Toying with minds you wonder which is the greater gaff, but I digress. For hunting, this shiz is superlative and only tankers better than me will hate it.

Just now I used it to sniff out sharks in his T2, 21 town, chasing me; shot him in the butt, of course. Then it is over to guard the map room, boring, but I got my flashy new dar thingy to try out. "Guys, I am leaving the map room" and off I go. At this point, your best strategy is to pretend to be an M3 and snuff me in my exuberance. Quick check of my quadrant dar confirms they have learned the flag is no longer white and I can tower my kills to high fives on the carrier deck, mission accomplished.

I say let them bomb**** quadrant sniff me, I'm not out there to count daisies anyway. 90% of them don't know how to use it, the rest, I already know you, I know how you fly and what to expect, bring it.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 07:43:10 AM »
I agree :old:

Then again I don’t  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 07:55:15 AM »
2 days ago I hid from Slippy for almost an hour in an M3

Hiding for an hour is harder...springing an ambush is harder...sneaking a base is harder...what's not to love about this change...?

- oldman

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 08:03:18 AM »
Seems like too much information to me.  Maybe better restricted to the Storch and Jeep.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?