Author Topic: Ways of reading skill  (Read 23486 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Ways of reading skill
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »
In fairness you should reveal the score when you DA'ed him...

His low K/D was primarily due to the fact he was not afraid to engage, regardless of the odds.   He would take on a horde by himself all the time.   

Yeah, he only scored when he could out rope on the merge...I didn't say he was bad 1v1, but still had much to learn in the slow fight.

Skyyr was not very patient and that was the main reason he died a lot flying the fastest planes in the game. He had a hard time flying midwar planes in the MA because he had a hard time escaping the fight if he couldn't extend away.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2017, 09:22:19 PM »
Yeah, he only scored when he could out rope on the merge...I didn't say he was bad 1v1, but still had much to learn in the slow fight.

Skyyr was not very patient and that was the main reason he died a lot flying the fastest planes in the game. He had a hard time flying midwar planes in the MA because he had a hard time escaping the fight if he couldn't extend away.

When it is 5:1 you need a fast plane to survive.  That's how I manage.  I can't create angles like BigR and don't have the gunnery of most here, so I survive by hoarding energy and knowing when to bug. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2017, 09:59:40 PM »
I have terrible aim any of my success comes from winning the fight.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2017, 12:18:16 AM »
I think it really takes a show of skill to fly planes that simply cannot run away from any other plane in the MA. Flying the fastest planes never teaches defensive maneuvers and counter evasive tactics. Sure, E fighting and BnZ does take skill in its own regard, but it limits those abilities of being able to fight when enemies are above you. Flying mid war or slower aircraft in MA generally requires a bit more undertsanding of the game and SA, and will also help you become a better pilot overall.

Yes but the problem with flying the slower planes is you cant catch the faster planes that run away.
Its why I stopped flying the 109f
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2017, 12:26:07 AM »
I wish I could figure out the aim thing.  I get terrible nose bounce.
I have the same issues. there were LOTS of times I should have had kills on Skyyr  and many others but but my aim. This becomes a problem when fighting the better top tier players because you eitehr often dont get a second chance. or the shot you get is one where either you make the shot and win. Or miss the shot and end up at a disadvantage in which case you die. Skyyr used to make the shots on the latter.
I think my single largest issue was stick spiking. Now its either the age of my PC. AND/or some kind of weird lag because shots while Im not an uber shot I normally used to make as a matter of routine my rounds now often miss even at a dead 6 at 400 out. Im even having problems hitting stationary field ack now rounds seem to be hitting short
Either that or HTC somehow changed the trajectory or dummied down the D9s 20 mil
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:12 AM »
While I think skyyr was excellent in the E game, and was decent in 1v1s because of his merge. He hid behind very fast planes in the MA: 190D, La7, and was weak defensively in the MA and 1v1. He could not land many kills in midwar planes and would get picked a lot even in faster planes. He flew a lot of sorties in very fast planes with a rather low K/D. To me skyyr did prove why the 190D is such a nuisance. Flying the fastest planes in the game does give you a nice advantage in the MA.

While he did occasionally fly the D-9 he mostly flew the 152. Then the La7 as his primary rides. Not the D-9
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2017, 12:40:59 AM »
Either that or HTC somehow changed the trajectory or dummied down the D9s 20 mil

Are you flying with the new default forward view, looking down? The view of the gun sight is slightly skewed compared to the old default view where it was centered.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2017, 01:44:03 AM »
While he did occasionally fly the D-9 he mostly flew the 152. Then the La7 as his primary rides. Not the D-9
As StarFox he flew the 152 but as Skyyr he was nothing but the Dora or LA7 for the most part.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2017, 04:29:32 AM »
Some veteran squad's  have 20-30k perkies per person . Pipz had close to 50k ...

Flying 262 in squad formations would, like Bozon said, ruin the MA.

At east half of LD fly EN16+ planes as standard.

Perk price does  :old:

You can really tear quickly through tens of thousands of perks when you are really doing this for ' many tours.' I once did a Me 262 tour like that, and it did cost me around 4000 perks.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2017, 04:46:25 AM »
Some veteran squad's  have 20-30k perkies per person . Pipz had close to 50k ...

If someone has 50k of perks, something tells me he ain't interested in flying jets in the first place.  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2017, 07:53:37 AM »

When I flew with him he (we) flew the Dora a lot.   Maybe he transitioned to the 152 over time.  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:55:11 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
When I flew with him he (we) flew the Dora a lot.   Maybe he transitioned to the 152 over time.  :headscratch:

Or, linked his new shade to another ride in order to fool the masses. Didn't work out very well  :old:

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »
If someone has 50k of perks, something tells me he ain't interested in flying jets in the first place.  ;)
True. As Save said, we tend to fly med-to-high ENY planes. I roll jets only to hunt other jets. Usually they run away as soon as they get the word that another jet is on the prawl. I end up strafing tanks and wirbles and dying. I dont recall the last time I landed a jet. With around 24k of perk points I dont give a damn. If I were to fly it regularly, I'd try to RTB occasinally.

The point of the 262 argument was that a bunch of above average players in dominant fighters can ruin the game of anyone not willing to match their uber rides.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »
Usually they run away as soon as they get the word that another jet is on the prawl..

Because we do not have those thousands of perks to shrug it off.  :old: Each time I die in a 262, I'm more or less back to zero. Ten years ago, it was far easier to get those perks, so I could afford using the jet to pork ammo bunkers  :D

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
Or, linked his new shade to another ride in order to fool the masses. Didn't work out very well  :old:
"Oh gosh darn it"  :rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
"Yikes"