Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42007 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 11:10:31 PM »
If you wanted 160 online and the only gv's out are at tank town,
If you wanted an endless stream of noob bombers in lanks and A20's who might not be as intimidated bombing as they are dogfighting,
If you wanted wirbles to up and not be able to leave the spawn for being overwhelmed,
If you wanted to demonstrate your respect for a gv player is exactly equal to an object for pilots to find and destroy,
the latest gv dar delivers.

Yes but now I can see you sneaking a base from 3 sector out

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 04:40:24 AM »
Ok here's how it goes, furballers. Dogfighting derives from WAR. You cannot furball without someone, usually below and completely removed from your gaming experience - but someone who is attacking things, blowing things up and making ords and radars burn. THAT is what gets pilots up defending, with bombs and stuff and THAT is what starts the furballs.
  You can WATCH this happen on the map and you can witness the reality of it in the death of the DA. THAT is proof enough alone. IF furballing were the end all of AH, the DA would RULE and it does not, why? Because no one wants a fair fight. Everyone wants to pick and that starts with the marginally hidden gver, picking stupid little pilots as they try to take off to bomb pick without getting picked, fighter aces who want to pick stupid bomb****lers while they myopically search defenseless gv's, all the way up to the Rocky's and Gflyer's who only use the war to generate victims to pick and really don't affect the course of that war whatsoever.

The entire game has turned into a giant tank town. You know, the one on NDSLIES where NOTHING happens unless there is a cv in position and otherwise people sort of defensively and deulingly fly over tt. It's boring as stink and easily the biggest attendance killing map. This pattern has been carried to the new Oceana map. Last night I came on and the bulk of the battle was at TT. The only thing to try to pick was at TT, because no one was taking bases. I don't know if anyone noticed but bases only ever get taken when a cv is near, when a squad does it, or when gv's go to work on a field. The whole organic thing of beating a field down to WF and calling for a goon from within the massive cap is long, long departed. Last time I saw that happen was on Fester, I think. And the pattern still holds at Oceana, 12 hours into the map 4 bases have fallen, all Rook predictably - and that's it.
 This post includes actual predictions. In about 2 hours v97th squad will join Rook as a group as they always do, every morning and they will make a squad action and recover most, or more than those lost fields before they log for the day.

This new GV indicator will be removed. The game maybe used to work without tanks but not any more. I don't even have to ask - or whine. It's a prediction. It is an insult to the dignity of anyone who thinks the game is "balanced." GV's were introduced to give planes something to shoot at besides other planes. Then you had to actually motivate people to be targets. I don't fly around looking for other planes to shoot at because to me it is adolescent. It is Maverick driving a Gpz900r with sunglasses instead of a helmet, killing his wizzo and looking for Russians to beat down, blech.

In terms of the game AH, furballing is the most developed and polished aspect of a multi aspect war simulator. AH is not a combat flight simulator, I've played those and there are no GV's. The gv aspect is difficult, which I don't mind, in fact I relish it. To have to figure out how to excel at this odd and challenging angle of the game and accomplish such is rewarding to me. A single person can't effectively affect the war from a plane. You have just demoted me to herding cats.

Instead of being able to actually go out and start the war; drop the ords, radar, WF the town, now I have to motivate other to do this. I can do any one or two from a plane, but with the reset times and fewer than 20 pilots in each country, nothing will ever happen except during peak hours and if nothing happens goodbye. On countless occasions Bish base takes - and ultimate wins, have stemmed directly from my incessant attacks and consequent depletions of fields, usually v bases and ports. Now, if I want to drive, it's up a wirble and hope I don't get swarmed, or watch for the never forming horde to make the skies safe overhead.

I invite HiTech to collaborate with an experienced GVer on implementing the feature that gv radar is intended to provide.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 07:13:50 AM »
Yes, HiTech must put the game back so that you can camp VH's for hours, and boast about your prowess!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
The entire game has turned into a giant tank town. You know, the one on NDSLIES where NOTHING happens unless there is a cv in position and otherwise people sort of defensively and deulingly fly over tt. It's boring as stink and easily the biggest attendance killing map.

This right here proves that you don't know a damn thing of what your talking about.

The center island is not "Tank Town". It has an area that GVers can play in, but that does not mean that the island belong to GVers. Notice that there are 6 airfields on the island. Clearly HiTech wants planes there. Nowhere else in the game can a fight develop faster and action be found quicker by an individual. The center island of NDisles is everything great about AH crammed into 1 sector.

NDisles is not the map that drives out players, Buzzsaw is - a map seeming designed to stagnate air combat with long distances between airfields and asinine topographical features between them. That map is your tank town and far fewer players go there, because the combat sucks on it.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 09:37:26 AM »
Kilroy, to be fair the "furballers" who are left are the historic type for the most part or b list like Anti Horde.

Furballers are already gone so don't blame them.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 09:46:53 AM »
I never really noticed that big of an effect on me bombing things with no dar, and reduced icon range.  For the most part I would sit perched high up and look for the ants moving below and swoop in really quickly doing 500MPH.  I'll kill you just fine without it, then what will your excuse be?    :noid
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline iikie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 10:17:06 AM »
I just think the vehicle Dar boxes are not realistic. There is no such thing as vehicle radar. If you are too stupid to find a gv.....
As it is, if there is no darbar in the sector and a base is flashing and there is a vehicle spawn to that base, guess what! There is a vehicle there. (Most likely)
So you up with some bombs and fly low to enemy spawn, find the and bomb him.
I guess I just don't get why we would add something that makes the game less realistic with minimal value?
Is this just for lazy people who have not yet learned to reason things out.
I don't care about the stupid unrealistic "GV dar" I just don't get it????
Slaxer

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »
I just think the vehicle Dar boxes are not realistic. There is no such thing as vehicle radar. If you are too stupid to find a gv.....
As it is, if there is no darbar in the sector and a base is flashing and there is a vehicle spawn to that base, guess what! There is a vehicle there. (Most likely)
So you up with some bombs and fly low to enemy spawn, find the and bomb him.
I guess I just don't get why we would add something that makes the game less realistic with minimal value?
Is this just for lazy people who have not yet learned to reason things out.
I don't care about the stupid unrealistic "GV dar" I just don't get it????
Ok, the game doesn't accurately represent the intensely loud noise of tanks approaching, nor does it show the dust raised when they travel overland. There are MANY MANY things about the game. in all of it's aspects that are not "realistic". Remember, this is a GAME, not a full realistic sim.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2017, 12:00:14 PM »
Ok, the game doesn't accurately represent the intensely loud noise of tanks approaching, nor does it show the dust raised when they travel overland. There are MANY MANY things about the game. in all of it's aspects that are not "realistic". Remember, this is a GAME, not a full realistic sim.

And yet the Flyers all scream about "In Real Life". :rofl

Look bottom line, the GV Dar does nothing to improve the GV game, but greatly enhances the Air to ground game by locating the GV's. :O
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2017, 12:03:44 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:39:28 PM by hitech »
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
And yet the Flyers all scream about "In Real Life". :rofl

Look bottom line, the GV Dar does nothing to improve the GV game, but greatly enhances the Air to ground game by locating the GV's. :O

Good, because GV'ers have for a very long time had all the advantages against aircraft.  This levels the playing field.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »
Good, because GV'ers have for a very long time had all the advantages against aircraft.  This levels the playing field.

No Zoney, this buries the GV game. How can a two dimensional combat vehicle, have an advantage over a 3 dimensional Combat aircraft?? You have height, speed (significant I might add), a broader selection of ordnance, and longer range. As a side point, historically  your also wrong, in WW2 GV's were at a distinct disadvantage against aircraft, through out the war. There are more than enough ways to detect gv's without the GV dar, all you have to do is use them.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2017, 12:37:50 PM »
No Zoney, this buries the GV game. How can a two dimensional combat vehicle, have an advantage over a 3 dimensional Combat aircraft?? You have height, speed (significant I might add), a broader selection of ordnance, and longer range. As a side point, historically  your also wrong, in WW2 GV's were at a distinct disadvantage against aircraft, through out the war. There are more than enough ways to detect gv's without the GV dar, all you have to do is use them.  :cheers:

Nope.  As long as Gv'ers have no dust trails from moving and no dust trail from firing and the longer range icon than the aircraft do on them, it's fair.  GV'ers also do not have to drive from base to base, they just spawn in.  Do aircraft just get to appear over an enemy base, nope.

I believe Gv'ers have had way to many advantages and if that makes them fly aircraft instead, I think that's a good thing too.  Spawn camping is what is prevalent for getting kills, I think that's really crappy game play.  Because of how GV'ers play, I have absolutely no interest in trying it.

Thank you for your kind attention to my opinion.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »
Good, because GV'ers have for a very long time had all the advantages against aircraft. 

Not at all.
GV's have been, and still are, mostly just victims to the air war. Unless they are going into total hiding (which was made possible by the new terrain, not the icon ranges), a GV force attacking a base will always be at the mercy of a likewise sized & skilled air force.

The only setting I would have ever changed is icon range to friendly GVs when in a plane, which should be the same as for enemy GV (yes, it's about the infamose Wirble dragging).

And there I was yesterday, cruising in my Ta 152 at 20K and could exactly tell where the enemy vehicles were maneuvering at a base 100 miles away. I could even tell they were trying to avoid the direct way from spawn to town by diverting to the coast and then going along it towards the base.

GV'ers also do not have to drive from base to base, they just spawn in.  Do aircraft just get to appear over an enemy base, nope.

They don't appear on an enemy base, either. They are still 5-10 minutes out, that's a similiar time planes need to cover 1-2 sectors.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:44:18 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman