Author Topic: VOX Ident. While Transmitting  (Read 520 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
VOX Ident. While Transmitting
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:48:39 PM »
When transmitting on VOX could we have an indicator to let us know which channel we are broadcasting and time remaining in transmission.
The images below depicts a player pushing the Radio Channel Transmit and Radio Range Transmit buttons respectively.
                      (This would only be visible to the player who is talking, not the other players)

Channel TX                                                                                                                                                       

Range TX

Coogan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:25:31 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline horble

• Silver Member
Re: VOX Ident. While Transmitting
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
I dig it.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:58:29 PM »
I could get behind it.  Just FYI I don't *think* channel transmit duration is enforced.  Pretty sure you can transmit on channel as long as you want.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:02:16 PM »
I could get behind it.  Just FYI I don't *think* channel transmit duration is enforced.  Pretty sure you can transmit on channel as long as you want.

Wiley.

You are correct Sir.  I just checked offline and Channel does not seem to have a time limit.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
It does show colour of channel you/and others are broad casting on at present...not in a box like that but the name of voice is highlighted.... don't have the countdown timer though...this is true... I always thought it was 4 seconds... not long so a quick sentence off button on button next sentence....
could be useful if you had time to look I spose

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 03:05:25 PM »
Maybe a blip of audio when it cuts you off if you go over, so you know your explanation of the barbecue you had over the weekend is not being transmitted anymore.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »
It does show colour of channel you/and others are broad casting on at present...not in a box like that but the name of voice is highlighted.... don't have the countdown timer though...this is true... I always thought it was 4 seconds... not long so a quick sentence off button on button next sentence....
could be useful if you had time to look I spose

This would be for the person who is transmitting.  They are the only ones who would see it.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 03:08:13 PM »
Maybe a blip of audio when it cuts you off if you go over, so you know your explanation of the barbecue you had over the weekend is not being transmitted anymore.

Wiley.

:rofl Yessss!

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 03:17:03 PM »
I like this idea. So many times I'm about to say something I forget which button I have mapped to range vs channel. It doesn't even have to be your name. Just a tiny purple or orange square (same color as text buffer text) at the top right corner when you transmit, and it disappears when you stop.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 03:20:36 PM »
I'd also like to see an indicator you're broadcasting as well.  I had an issue with my mike going hot for no good reason every once in a while, people told me it had been going on for a while.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 03:22:15 PM »
Further refining this idea, what about a small microphone shaped outline that is either purple or squad colored when you transmit that is part of the HUD ladder/readout options so that people can toggle it on/off as they wish?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »
people can toggle it on/off as they wish?

+1
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?