Author Topic: Winter War!!!  (Read 1138 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Winter War!!!
« on: November 22, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »
Just getting ahead of the curve here to see if HTC can get an AH2 map updated and ready for the next scenario.  Since it'll be in the cold of winter, it'd be awesome to see a WINTER WAR scenario pitting the fierce Finnish underdogs against the Hordes of Russian invaders.

We could see Brewsters, 109E/G Models for the Finns with Stugs for their Tankers against I-16s, Yak 7s and T34s...

Don't give them enough land to bury their dead on!
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Winter War!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
Winter War would be tough since our planeset is very limited. The only plane we even have is the I-16.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:26:26 PM »
Continuation War!!!  :D
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 12:50:27 PM »
Karelia was very specialized map, basically a labor of love by Blauk and Kantorri where everything on the map was basically a custom object or field. So there is nothing really to convert over because AH3 does not support AH2 objects and those objects would have to be redone by scratch (the trenches, custom cities, etc.). It was also a 128 mile by 128 mile map.

That said I am right now Finland South. This is going to be 512 mile by 512 mile map and covers southern Finland, Estonia, half of Latvia and and chunk of the northern Russia Front (Leningrad to roughly half the distance to Moscow). So it would be good for Continuation War and also good for Germany's drive on Leningrad and such.

So yes, Winter is coming.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 11:49:30 PM »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 01:10:39 AM »
I just saw this thread. I have 2 Finnish designs, one is Winter War the other is Continuation War. They will hopefully make their way into the FSO schedule in 2019.

The biggest hold up has been the map. But, ghostdancer has given us a sneak preview of a brand new Karelia/Leningrad map that will be wonderful.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com