Author Topic: Crazy Idea  (Read 819 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Crazy Idea
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »
In response to ROC's topic, http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,390546.0.html , I put this little thought into some words.

What about an ongoing Scenario on a weekly basis separate from the specialized Scenarios?

Simple concept starting small and allowing for an increase of players, with an approach to utilize all aspects of Aces High and appeal to all players.

Best example:

1944 Scenario
Western Europe
Liberation of Fortress Europe

Phase 1

Weekly gameplay to start setup of Allied and Axis teams.  Limited plane set for both sides and fixed amount of players per side initially.  Permanent players need to be registered through AH Special Events with walk-ons as needed.  Each week one target is chosen for attack by Allied and defended by Axis. 

Allied planes:
B-17 squadron 6 players
B-24 squadron 6 players
P-51 squadron 12 players
P-47 squadron 12 players

Axis planes:
Bf109 squadron 12 players
Bf109 squadron 12 players
FW-190 squadron 12 players
TA-152 squadron 12 players

Primary goal is to establish a continual player base with both registered and walk-ons that fill available slots.  Secondary goal is to bring awareness to Special Events to new players and bring in existing players. 

Phase 2

Once the weekly gameplay has achieved all slots filled after a pre-determined amount of time.  Registration is opened up for more permanent slots.  Command Teams should have been actively getting more players into the fold.  Two targets are now active each week.

Allied planes:
B-17 squadron 12 players
B-24 squadron 12 players
P-51 squadron 16 players
P-47 squadron 16 players

Axis planes:
Bf109 squadron 18 players
Bf109 squadron 18 players
FW-190 squadron 18 players
TA-152 squadron 18 players

Primary goal is to maintain newly established player slots on a weekly basis.  Secondary goal is building up for Phase 3 to kick off "Liberation of Fortress Europe".

Phase 3

By now, players should be anticipating the big change in weekly operations.  Phase 1 and 2 were the air campaign over Europe.  Phase 3 will add the feature of airfield capture and unlimited GV fighting.  Pre-selected targets are modified.  Allied CO will conduct operations in Normandy region for liberation of enemy airfields and bases. 

This Phase will include a new feature for weekly play that affects future play.  Allied bombing of an enemy airfield that destroys all hangars results in that airfield unable to launch defending aircraft following week.  This allows for base capture and re-capture.  Axis will have ability to reclaim any lost airfields. 

Allied and Axis Side Command Teams can agree on adding new planes to reflect increased player base.  Open Registration for possibly a Me-262 unit with 4 players and a Lancaster bomber unit with 4 players. Creating specialized units for gameplay, the weekly fights will evolve and appeal to all players.

It could be a year of weekly gameplay before Phase 3 sees the light of day.  With great planning, sense of direction, and a lot of time spent of team building, recruitment, and volunteer work, Scenarios can be epic all the time.

This is a good outline for a Scenario.  It will take a lot of refinement on the details for keeping things even.  Plus, it would require a BoB map to be customized for GV spawns.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:27:55 PM by AKKuya »
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: Crazy Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 08:29:06 PM »
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 02:35:44 AM »
A long time ago, I had a dream of scenarios running every weekend.

Unfortunately for scenario junkies like me, when we tried running more scenarios in a year, participation and enthusiasm dropped off, and we had to go back fewer per year.

Lighter versions of scenarios running weekly is akin to Snapshots, which unfortunately are very lightly attended.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 03:02:26 AM »
I would be interested in long term scenarios, depending on how they are set up and time frame per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Shooter503

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
I think this is a great idea.  and should be run in the AVA arena.
RRaine
JG11 Sonderstaffel "White 11" 2008-2011
Rouge
412th  FNVG 2017-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 01:27:44 PM »
+1