Author Topic: Perk the A20G  (Read 2454 times)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
Perk the A20G
« on: November 30, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »
    As I've stated before that the A20 is not very representative of the true handling characteristics of the actual aircraft. The U.S.A.A.C. stated that abosutely no aerobatics or shenanigans will be allowed in the A20s, "That is a quote form the film I watched that is easily available to watch on YouTube" , will be allowed,,, the wings fall off.   I see It flown like an FM2 and concider It folly. AsIt  is the bain of many gvers. and with the new gv location apparatus . 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Perk the A20G
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »
The A-20G does not need to be perked.  If you're not skilled enough to fight one successfully, perking the A-20G will not suddenly make you more skilled.  You'll still get your arse handed back to you and you'll send the other guy a rage PM and then rage log.  Such is the circle of life.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:37:51 PM »
Killing an A-20 is easy from the ground gun or GV with air attack capability and in the air from any fighter.  The A-20 is only a threat to any tank.

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »
Rather than perk it, I think a flight model revisit is in order. As with the 110 series and a couple of others, the flight model and handling on the A-20G doesn't seem to match historical limitations or records.

I agree it flies far too easily for such a heavy platform, but perking isn't the answer. Correcting the errors is.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:48:42 PM »
Still an AHI platform and since Greebo has pointed out on other threads that all the old AHI models are to be done for skinning it's only a matter of time.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 12:13:27 AM »
A perked version with 20mm cannon would be sweet.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 01:28:17 AM »
The way important bits tend to come off, it takes a gentle hand to keep it in the air.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:00:12 AM »
While it is likely the Boston/A-20G 3D model will get updated some time in the next six months or so that does not necessarily mean the flight model will be revised at the same time. The 3D model and art is created by Waffle, but flight model revisions are probably done by someone else (HT?). Offhand I can't remember the last time I saw a reference to flight model changes to either a 3D-updated aircraft or any other aircraft in the AH update notes.

I think mentioning a RL "no aerobatics" rule isn't going to lead to any changes. The fact that the notice had to be given leads me to think that pilots were doing aerobatics and sometimes over-stressing the airframe doing it, the AH A-20G also tends to shed wings quite easily if you get too enthusiastic with it. The RL A-20G had pretty good power loading for a bomber, as good as a Mossie for instance, so it ought to be good at energy fighting.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 08:05:24 AM »
The fact that a notice was issued doesn't mean people were having fun doing it. It means people were dying doing it. They only issued those because it cost more to replace dead people than it did to post stickers on stuff.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 10:14:49 AM »
I haven't seen anyone really handle it like a beast since Cobia...  but a lot of it isn't acrobatics, it's using it's superior lift and engines to rope, and it's bigass flaps to hammerhead around.  Really not a whole lot you can do to get it flippy, but it'll stall fight really well.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »
The fact that a notice was issued doesn't mean people were having fun doing it. It means people were dying doing it. They only issued those because it cost more to replace dead people than it did to post stickers on stuff.

So are the G limits off compared to RL?  What documented values can you exceed in game?

As far as that kind of thing, isn't a lot of what people do in the average sortie in game pretty likely to harm the airframe as well?  Pulling to the point of creaking would likely require a major overhaul/inspection uopn landing wouldn't it?  Yet we don't worry about that much.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 12:04:03 PM »
The RL A-20G had pretty good power loading for a bomber, as good as a Mossie for instance, so it ought to be good at energy fighting.
The mossie had similar engine power (more on later models) and was about 3000 lbs lighter empty. The power loading difference is the difference between a clean mossie and a mossie with 4*500 lbs bombs and an extra 25% fuel load. Not quite the same, but still pretty good for a big, radial, 3-crew plane like the A20.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 01:52:46 PM »
  Flight characteristics of some planes on here are what  makes it more of a game than sim,

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:24 PM »
 Gee akak I sense such anger... I know how to combat an A20G.. Even if it is not a very accurate representation of the real thing.   I simply dive on It  and then run away or gangbang It with several other players... I learned that watching You play...Thanks for the tip.

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 01:20:50 AM »
     1 of the stipulations  for the A20 was not to exceed a 45 degree bank....The wings fall off.