Author Topic: First impression: Absolutely amazing!  (Read 1912 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
First impression: Absolutely amazing!
« on: December 03, 2017, 05:36:28 PM »
Flew a sortie online and even got a kill in first flight!  Amazing graphics and feeling, well worth it.  I have done very little tinkering with it, unfortunately I won't be back to it for almost 2 weeks.

The info on this board was a big help.  Thanks all!   :aok

My system, now i5 7600K, 8 GB Ram, and 3 GB GTX 1060, seems to handle it very well.

The only apparent issue so far is getting mic to work.  I found it in Win 10 as per your suggestion Kanth, but so far no joy, although I've not had time to tinker.

I'll also have to relearn to use all controls on my controllers, since I've recently been lazy and used both keyboard and CH controllers.  Also have some issues with double-gunsight.

Am loving it, and can't wait to get back to it!    :airplane:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: First impression: Absolutely amazing!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:52:30 PM »
Check that your mic is set to full volume with boost on in Aces High voice settings.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:51:31 PM »
Also in aces high make sure it's set to the rift mic

Glad you are loving it!!  :banana:  :airplane:  :rock
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 08:52:40 PM »
Yes that appears to have been the final tweak to get the mic to work.   Jazzi just helped me in game with that specific issue.   Was even enjoying flying around on the deck trying to avoid getting gang-banged.  Have noticed a tendency to hit the ground more now, but think that'll improve with practice.  Overall: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:  :airplane: :airplane: :airplane:

Thanks Kanth!

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »
...and getting a steady 89-90 fps!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 10:26:28 PM »
SWEET! One thing about Low and Dirty....watch out that your tree detail slider is set to the max level you can run with. The ground is bad enough....WITHOUT having trees pop up suddenly :devil What was the fix for your MIC? Easycore is having issues as well, been so long I forgot what I did! So if you can remember, maybe post it to the Best VR settings thrread? One tip though, IF you seem to be seeing worse gunnery than with 2d monitor...its your convergence. Its such a big FOV change and it helped me. Sort of like what I see with shooting with Telescopic sight on a rifle. The lower FOV at higher magnification setting causes the range of accuracy and bullet drop...as per say an NIKON BDC scope. At 4 power the first reference circle will show a impact at 300 yrds(200 yrd zero). At 9 power it is around 375 yrds or so. I realize Magnification is a bit different that an AH FOV change, but tried to see if changing the convergences would help gunnery. It sure does seem so. I went from 400 to 250. Of coarse it could just be the enhanced effect of REAL depth perception, make it easier to see what RED is doing and gives just enough edge(as to what you should do) to help out a lot. So convergence change was better, as I can getWAY more short distance shots. Just an FYI if find you have problems with gunnery!  Welcome Aboard 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 03:54:16 AM »
My mic fix was switching the USB.

Is everybody seeing the double-gunsight or just the two of us?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 04:00:19 AM »
Dam Ace good for you! Didn't knew you where joining the VR club. I really think i cant stay behind on my favorite wingman and wingwoman  :uhoh

Gonna mis je the next 2 weeks!

PS: Kanth we should fly more together

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 05:06:26 AM »
My mic fix was switching the USB.

Is everybody seeing the double-gunsight or just the two of us?

There is one gunsight for each eye. I think they are in a different position because the sight line from each eye is different.
Both sights are accurate.

Not sure why it varies from cockpit to cockpit, maybe the head to glass distance or the design of different sights.                                                                                                         

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 06:56:17 AM »

:aok    :cheers:

PS: Kanth we should fly more together
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 12:52:31 PM »
There is one gunsight for each eye. I think they are in a different position because the sight line from each eye is different.
Both sights are accurate.

Not sure why it varies from cockpit to cockpit, maybe the head to glass distance or the design of different sights.                                                                                                         

Because they are one when looking at the target not the sight. Try this bring up the .target at 300 yards.

Then focus on the target instead of the sight glass and you will only see one .

HiTech

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 04:16:06 PM »
 :aok This works. Your eyes will get used to it and will become second nature. ONE other thing, with some planes...it head positioning. A6M for example has the gun sight a bit off centered. Move your head position to shade towards your DOMINATE eye! You will find also that while looking around the nose...as your head departs the DOMINATE eye shading location, your off eye will naturally pick up the gun sight. Peripherally anyway. :aok Getting used to both eyes open shooting also cuts down on eye strain while in VR.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
:aok This works. Your eyes will get used to it and will become second nature. ONE other thing, with some planes...it head positioning. A6M for example has the gun sight a bit off centered. Move your head position to shade towards your DOMINATE eye! You will find also that while looking around the nose...as your head departs the DOMINATE eye shading location, your off eye will naturally pick up the gun sight. Peripherally anyway. :aok Getting used to both eyes open shooting also cuts down on eye strain while in VR.

....and I did notice in the little bit of flying I got in before I left, that the double-sight issue seemed to go away/diminish with some adjustment of head position and focusing more on the target.  I've done a lot of shooting with real guns and am used to keeping both eyes open so tend to do that out of habit.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 06:43:09 PM »
SWEET! One thing about Low and Dirty....watch out that your tree detail slider is set to the max level you can run with. The ground is bad enough....WITHOUT having trees pop up suddenly :devil What was the fix for your MIC? Easycore is having issues as well, been so long I forgot what I did! So if you can remember, maybe post it to the Best VR settings thrread? One tip though, IF you seem to be seeing worse gunnery than with 2d monitor...its your convergence. Its such a big FOV change and it helped me. Sort of like what I see with shooting with Telescopic sight on a rifle. The lower FOV at higher magnification setting causes the range of accuracy and bullet drop...as per say an NIKON BDC scope. At 4 power the first reference circle will show a impact at 300 yrds(200 yrd zero). At 9 power it is around 375 yrds or so. I realize Magnification is a bit different that an AH FOV change, but tried to see if changing the convergences would help gunnery. It sure does seem so. I went from 400 to 250. Of coarse it could just be the enhanced effect of REAL depth perception, make it easier to see what RED is doing and gives just enough edge(as to what you should do) to help out a lot. So convergence change was better, as I can getWAY more short distance shots. Just an FYI if find you have problems with gunnery!  Welcome Aboard 

Thanks for the tips 1stpar!  I'm away from home right now and will try to summarize the mic settings on the tips thread when I get back and be more specific on things.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 10:34:07 AM »
Because they are one when looking at the target not the sight. Try this bring up the .target at 300 yards.

Then focus on the target instead of the sight glass and you will only see one.

HiTech

The parallax seems more noticeable in some cockpits. I expect it's from how close the gunsight is to the pilot.