Author Topic: frame rates and freezes  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: frame rates and freezes
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 07:03:24 AM »
the checkbox checkmark is a bug but may not be related to your 45 frame rate. It can go below 90 if things get really busy, lots of ships firing or base firing and lots of planes depends on your system.

The cap is at the top of the range so shouldn't go higher than 90 but can go lower if there's a lot going on.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2018, 07:33:18 AM »
the checkbox checkmark is a bug but may not be related to your 45 frame rate.

Has anyone from hitechcreations confirmed it is a bug or is it by design?

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2018, 08:05:11 AM »
no confirmation that i've seen. So could be, by design. Not sure if it's been formally reported in the bugs area though.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2018, 09:30:56 AM »
Not a bug, not a feature.  For VR, vertical sync is irrelevant, but we force it off to make sure the regular monitor output is not capping the frame rate as most monitors cannot run at 90FPS.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy!  :aok. That being the case, what causes the tearing that I’m seeing occasionally?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:47:42 AM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2018, 08:25:01 PM »
Puma - I think it may be just a result of our video cards trying to render in a 3D environment that still isn't perfect. I've been getting that issue with my rift for over a year when I first got it.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2018, 09:38:20 PM »
Thanks Fork.  Sounds reasonable.  Just wasn’t sure what was causing it in a random manner.  Another instance of I don’t know what I don’t know.  :D

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »
I have been having a very random problem of what looks like a VR freeze, hour glass etc, but  is actually the AH game minimizing to the task bar.  Anyone else have this?  Tried checking and unchecking the VR options.

Offline phobetor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2018, 01:21:10 PM »
maybe alt tabbing

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
I have been having a very random problem of what looks like a VR freeze, hour glass etc, but  is actually the AH game minimizing to the task bar.  Anyone else have this?  Tried checking and unchecking the VR options.
YUP,I have that now and then. It is most times, a process that starts up in windows. Had a notification of an Nvidia update available do it a few times. In fact, thats the onlt pauses/freezes I get lately. Havent even had an stutter issue in some time. I use to get them regularly after using the Mask Off-go to Monitor function. Havent had an issue with the Vr swap, well in recent memory :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain