Author Topic: Altitude Filter  (Read 658 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Altitude Filter
« on: December 06, 2017, 12:07:41 PM »
So I managed to grab the old ww1 terrset from some old saved aces high stuff so i could get the burned up ground that has like tree stumps on it that i was going to use for some front lines areas..

I noticed that almost my entire terrain is covered in it though..so i just inverted my splatmap and that gave me some of what i wanted with a variety instead of hand painting but there are still some areas now that show as rock that shouldn't be so i was trying to use the altitude filter to say like anything between 0-10 (feet?) should be grassy.  Esp down near rivers and stuff..

Seems like no matter what i do though, it just makes the whole terrain grass and calls it good. BOOM there's your grass.
Am i using the tool wrong?  I figured I could tell it, between this altitude and this altitude i want , snow or i want GRASS ;)

Anyone know?  Also wondering why the med and ww1 terrsets aren't found in the latest aces highs, should i not have gone and grabbed it back and used it? is it bad now? idk.

I just want some tree stumps and messed up earth to use in the front lines areas and i know ww1 had some cool stuff and it's a ww1 terrain.

Thoughts?
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Altitude Filter
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:06 PM »
Med and WW1 should be with the TE. The new Winter you have to add.

terrset00.res -> Europe Summer
terrset01.res -> Pacific Summer
terrset02.res -> WW1 Europe Summer
terrset03.res -> Mediterrean / Dessert
terrset04.res -> Europe Winter (might have to manually add)

If you don't have all of these ping me and I can send you a zip of any of them you are missing.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:40:46 PM »
Thanks I had 00 and 01 locally, then grabbed 02 and 03 from late 2016 backups..
I don't have 04 at all. Can you send it at your convenience?  I'm still messing with WW1 currently so no rush.  :cheers:

Also they are very large so might have an issue trying to email 04, even if it's zipped.
I will email you some options if you don't have a website to post that sort of thing on.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:49:48 PM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:37 PM »
Got the altitude filter working fairly well and re-importing splat map fixes my mistakes.  Just needed dialed in better.   :banana: :banana:

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 03:58:32 PM »
Glad you found them. I was typing this reply and some of it may not apply to your project now.

Kanth, the easiest way to download a terrset is to find one on the server and open a player arena.

For instance, avaetow has the winter 04 terrset, the wwi terrain has the wwi terrset. btw, avaetow isn't ready for prime time yet but you will get the terrset.

The terrain tiles you want, if you haven't found them, are the two 'big tiles' at the top under the TE Terrain tab.

Now for the bad news, the wwi terrain, "Waffle.res", in the wwi arena, isn't created with the terrset. The active area, just like "Tankland", is four custom objects that cover the underlying terrain which can be anything.
You can use the wwi terrset, but then you'll bang up against the three(3) mile distance between bases. The fields in Waffle and Tankland are closer then three miles.
I once looked at building a wwi terrain for Monday Night Madness myself, but I don't have the kind of time needed for 64 square miles of custom objects, not when it would be used in only one terrain.

If you still want to proceed, there are two or three routes you can take. They are too involved for a tutorial here. You can call Waffle, or contact me for help with a PM.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:04:47 PM »
I do appreciate you taking the time though to respond.

I didn't know you could get the terrset by getting a terrain that was built with it.

I do know about the custom objects (created by Waffle) that got past the space restrictions in the current WW1 arena. It is a little bit of a bummer that i can't really go that way,  and that the current objects we have for fields are more than 1 square in size. ALthough i really do like the larger airstrips given the planes have no brakes, it's a lot easier to deal with hahaha.

I think i have created something workable that will address some of the issues currently in WW1.  I"m planning on submitting two different ...versions of this terrain with the workarounds in place.  If etiher one goes, there maybe more to follow.

All i really was looking for was the terrset with the stumps and messed up earth which i have.

I think i'm good to go at this point.  :cheers:

Glad you found them. I was typing this reply and some of it may not apply to your project now.

Kanth, the easiest way to download a terrset is to find one on the server and open a player arena.

For instance, avaetow has the winter 04 terrset, the wwi terrain has the wwi terrset. btw, avaetow isn't ready for prime time yet but you will get the terrset.

The terrain tiles you want, if you haven't found them, are the two 'big tiles' at the top under the TE Terrain tab.

Now for the bad news, the wwi terrain, "Waffle.res", in the wwi arena, isn't created with the terrset. The active area, just like "Tankland", is four custom objects that cover the underlying terrain which can be anything.
You can use the wwi terrset, but then you'll bang up against the three(3) mile distance between bases. The fields in Waffle and Tankland are closer then three miles.
I once looked at building a wwi terrain for Monday Night Madness myself, but I don't have the kind of time needed for 64 square miles of custom objects, not when it would be used in only one terrain.

If you still want to proceed, there are two or three routes you can take. They are too involved for a tutorial here. You can call Waffle, or contact me for help with a PM.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:11:37 PM »
Glad you're up and running.
 :cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001